Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living

Posted by Patricia87889650 October 11, 2014

Rio Grande was my second choice. It was REALLY nice. The staff seemed wonderful. I looked at the rooms; they were OK. They're not as wonderful as the ones in other places, but they were nice.

Posted by grandson101 September 19, 2014
1.0

Management gives up on acting friendly as soon as the first check clears. After that, be prepared to meet the condescending, rude, and uncaring people they really are.

The rooms are nice. The only problem we had, was my grandma has neuropathy in her hands and can't hold the hose in her shower. Since it can't be set in a fixed position, that was a huge deal.

This place has potential, but without active management from experienced professionals, it's not somewhere you want your relatives living

Posted by Caring89459250 July 22, 2014
4.0

I've been able to visit The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living three times already. We really like the place, but it would take all our money because of their cost. It's a nice two-story building, and they have elevators. The food was good, and the people were very kind. I talked to a gentleman there, and he was very kind. He spent a lot of time showing us the different rooms, and we found the one that we liked, but they weren't able to follow up with us. I also understand that they have buses that take people to different places all over the state. The facility is very well kept, and the people are very nice. There is no question about it. The facility is very clean, and the food was good. It's a really nice place.to review

Posted by Sandra44 February 28, 2014

The Rio Grande was a very impressive facility. The person who gave me the tour introduced us to the people. He was with us the whole tour and didn't leave us. He answered all our questions. The tour moved very smoothly. I was very impressed. He showed us the various rooms. They have everything that residents would need. It was a one-stop shop. They have a beauty parlor there, a movie theater, and a game room. It was a place where you could go and not have to worry about going outside and driving out.

It was like being in an executive hotel. It was premier service at a reasonable cost. It was a brand new facility and it was right there by the hospital in Rio Rancho. The only one thing though was that it's senior community so it's not secure. It would be nice if there was a secure area. We had free lunch there. The food was wonderful. I do have to say that it was made in such a way that it was up to the individual to either add salt or pepper, so it wasn't seasoned very much and that made it even better. They were definitely healthy food.

Posted by Barbara65984250 September 06, 2013

Mom and dad are both living at The Rio Grande and it's a fabulous place. Its independent living but yet they provide meals, outings, laundry, and housekeeping. They have a movie theatre, game room, and computer room. They've got two bedroom and two bathroom apartments.

Location of The Rio Grande Gracious Retirement Living