Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Imperial Plaza

Imperial Plaza provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Reviews of Imperial Plaza

Posted by Terri18 April 25, 2014
4.0

Imperial Plaza has everything right there; my mom doesn't have to go anywhere if she doesn't want to. There's a store, restaurant, hair salon, and pharmacy. It's all enclosed; you don't need to go outside from building to building. It is close to me as well, and very nice. They have one or two bedrooms. Their meals are pretty good and decent, but I take most of the meals to her. They have bingo, music, and trips, but they're pretty expensive. However, they don't have as many as they probably could have.

Posted by Caring0545 March 29, 2014
4.0

We liked it very much at Imperial Plaza, but it's just that we want to come up closer to family. It was a much bigger place than where we are now. It's both independent and assisted living. It was very good. The staff was very nice. Food was great, they have like three dining rooms. They have a large dining room and have a menu so that's like going into a hotel. You can get anything you want. They have quite a few different activities, like bingo and card games. They have a big auditorium that held plays, musicals, and all kinds of things like that. We would highly recommend it.

Posted by Ashley9 March 28, 2014
4.0

Actually, I thought Imperial Plaza was really great. They were just a little bit expensive but not too bad. It was also really big. I felt that it would overwhelm my mother-in-law. Also, it was farther from our home. We like to just pop in, and that wasn't a place where we could just pop in. The staff, though, was great. We looked at a studio and it was nice. They did have the same kinds of activities. I know they did have bingo and other sorts of games there, too.

Posted by Caring82132650 March 27, 2014

I was able to visit Imperial Plaza. The staff that accommodated me was very nice and knowledgeable. They were able to give me a lot of paper notes that I can read. They told me that they have shopping and they take the residents to the grocery store. Everything from the visit was fine.

Posted by gary30 March 26, 2014
3.0

I thought that Imperial Plaza was much too old for me to live comfortably. They told me I would be in independent living, but they also had a lot of assisted living people there. The age difference between myself and the other residents turned me off. It seemed like most of them needed assisted living instead of independent living. They took me and showed me a room, and it didn't impress me very much. The size was just too small, all it had was a refrigerator. They had other units that had a small kitchen, but with my budget I cannot afford it, so what I had done was eat out a lot or utilize their cafeteria. They sent food in a box, and I've got to admit, it's like any other institutional meal. I'm sure it was healthy, but it didn’t stand out as special. I saw people sitting in the hallways. They weren't doing too much, you're just vegetated there like that. I couldn't be like that to myself again. Somebody should be offering them entertainment or give them mental health. It's like inmates are let out of the jail just waiting for their next meal. It's kind of pathetic. But they offer more than the previous place I lived at before.

Posted by Caring72568350 October 22, 2013
2.0

Imperial Plaza was all self-contained. There's a walking area connected to different buildings where they have a beauty shop and different things. But the overall appearance when you walk into it just seemed very dingy. I looked at the rooms, they were very dark. And this was in daylight. They could lighten it up and make it a brighter color.

The staff was very good, knowledgeable, and they were anxious to show you what they had. But for me, it sounded like I was going to walk into a tunnel tuft for getting older, and I didn't want to do that. The minimum age there is 80. They might be right for some people, just not for me.

Posted by David72495750 October 19, 2013
4.0

Imperial Plaza just happened to be the place where my mom has friends, which is important. It's something that fits within her budget. They have a lot of activities. She likes the food.

Posted by Caring1006131 October 18, 2013

I toured the Imperial Plaza. The grounds are lovely. I looked at some rooms. The staff was wonderful.

Posted by Caring-family-member October 17, 2012
1.0

My father -n-law received the worst experience due mainly to very poor management. I commend most of the nurses and PT staff who try to do a good job in such an environment.

Posted by wille September 02, 2012
1.0

My Mother lived here for three weeks in Assistant Living. Our experience has not been very good. The nurses were all kind but I had a very bad experience with the Assistant Living Supervisor. She was very unkind. I would not recommend this facility for assistant living.

Posted by apples2345 June 26, 2012
2.0

The staff seemed ok. There was an incident in which my grandmother had a unexplained bruise on her face. I am not sure if my grandmother did something on her own or if it was done to her. But I do know that my grandmother was unable to walk and was in the bed all day so I am not sure how she hit her face on something. The facility was clean and smelled good.

Posted by tomato September 30, 2011
2.0

Honestly, not impressed with Manor Care. My Grandma was here for 2 1/2 years. At one point, she choked (almost to death) on a huge piece of chicken. Her doctors orders were NO SOLID FOOD at the time, but she was given the wrong meal. She was also attacked by a roommate suffering from dementia. I personally had to break up a fight between two residents in the dining room. The staff was ignoring two residents yelling and shoving each other.Grandma's care was mostly adequate. The physical therapy staff was awesome, and let her hang out in their offices sometimes when she'd get bored. Grandma really liked the lady in the beauty shop. Most of the nurses, aides, janitorial staff etc. were very kind. Grandma did develop very bad pressure sores. They had to call in a specialist, and developed a new wound care protocol because of it. They were good about letting you visit, and I never felt unwelcome or rushed. There are a couple of nice rooms where families could visit. They were happy to let you reserve a small dining room for family meals, holiday meals, etc. The dining staff seemed to have extremely high turnover. I rarely saw the same faces more than a few times, and I visited 3-4 times a week. It often smelled, but it's a rare nursing home that doesn't. I didn't like the way they "parked" residents around the nurses station to make certain residents easier to keep an eye on. I understood it, but didn't like it. The call lights above the doors were not treated with the urgency that I would have liked sometimes. I didn't like how they sometimes didn't close doors or draw curtains before undressing some residents. It was jarring to walk down the halls and see nakedness. It seemed undignified for the residents. I volunteered at another nursing home for over five years and have visited quite a few others. I know that some of the problems I'm listed are just a part of the Assisted Living Facility world. They are by nature places for the elderly's ill and infirm, and lots of unpleasantness comes with that. I get that. Many of the staff (although great) seemed very worn down. It was a depressing place. We'd bring pizza, doughnuts, snacks, etc. for the nurses every once in awhile. This seemed to make Grandma's care improve a bit. I could not recommend that another one of my loved ones ever enter this Manor Care facility. Although many of the problems I've mentioned are found at some level in most facilities like this, too many large and potentially deadly problems occurred for me to be able to recommend Manor Care.

Location of Imperial Plaza