Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of Evergreen at Plano

Evergreen at Plano
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Charles18 July 31, 2013

We are living here at Evergreen at Plano Parkway which is considered independent living. The only problems are that they don't serve meals, do any housekeeping or laundry. I'm doing all of those things. We have our own washer and dryer in our apartment which is a two-bedroom and two-bathroom apartment. They are very nice and we like them in every way, except, they don't cater to people who need help. I guess that is the independent thing.

Evergreen at Plano
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Jenna811 September 22, 2011
4.0

As a caregiver, I had a client that lived at thid facilty. The staff was friendly and welcomed me when I arrived. I was asked to sign in at the front desk so the staff does keep track of who comes in and out of this facility.

The furnishings in the common areas are very lavish and very stylish. The apartment that I my client lived in was a two bedroom and was handicaped equpment. For example, the kitchen ent rance way was large enough for a wheelchair to get through, the countertops and stove were low enough to be able to use while seated. The shower was enough to have a shower chair and the bedroom and living areas were spacious.

There is covered parking for the residents and it is a gated community; however, there is no a lot of visitor parking available. One last comment is that there are of course elevators to each floor of the apartments, but the walkways to the apartments are not carpeted just bare cement so this could be an issue if someone is using a walker or has trouble walking.

Overall, I think that is place is a good facility to have your loved one live in because the staff does really care about their residents.

Location of Evergreen at Plano