Cost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Madison Meadows

Live-In Managers at Holiday Retirement

Madison Meadows is located in Phoenix, AZ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to Madison Meadows for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of Madison Meadows

Posted by Bill34 January 31, 2014

My mom is in Madison Meadows. It's a great facility. It's wonderful. Right now, this place works well for us and the family is happy with it. Also my mother seems to be comfortable here. They have different apartment sizes. We have her in one-bedroom which has a living room, a kitchen area, a bathroom and a bedroom. They provide three meals a day. Everybody is encouraged to go outside to the dining hall. The people there like their food. It's okay. The kitchen always has their challenges, but I guess they do alright. For activities, they have regular entertainment, bingo, exercises, etc. They go to casino and sometimes they go out to eat at restaurants. Overall, I would rate it pretty high because it's unique. It's pretty ideal in many ways.

Posted by Harriet2 December 28, 2013
4.0

My father moved to Madison Meadows. It's purely independent living and it’s a smaller unit. It’s all single level. My dad has one bedroom apartment that is approximately 500 square feet. The managers for the property live on site. They provide three meals a day and they have organized activities. They also provide transportation to church services and medical appointments.

Posted by Caring70806950 October 05, 2013
3.0

We visited Madison Meadows and my mom liked it. The facility was clean. I really have nothing to compare it to, but I think this one was just kind of basic. The only apartment that we looked at was just a one-bedroom apartment and it was very small. We only met one staff and she was nice to us.

Posted by Caring69717850 September 29, 2013
4.0

I had a pleasant visit at Madison Meadows. The staff was very nice. The rooms that I saw were spacious. I didn't see they need anything to improve on. In fact, I like the place. However, it was expensive. Nevertheless, I would surely recommend this place.

Posted by Rita13 September 23, 2013
1.0

I visited Madison Meadows and I didn't like it. I thought it was very depressing. Their apartments were very small. We really didn't have much interaction with the staff but they were nice. They had very little trees. To me it felt like a prison. I think it was an old school that was converted into an independent living facility.

Posted by Kayla10 September 16, 2013
1.0

My friend moved into Madison Meadows about a year ago. The food is okay, the apartments are very small. They include cleaning services however, don't expect much. The apartment isn't cleaned the way I would expect. Now on to All Care Services.... talk about taking you to the cleaners. They really know how to charge the $$$ if your family member needs extra care I would suggest moving them to an assisted living facility. The cost to check blood sugar, pressure, bring food when sick, showering, dressing will drain your account!!!! Bed bugs.... yes, I've seen many mattress out once on the rooftop they said the sun would kill the bugs. Dreadful place stand clear and stay away!

Posted by Gene6 August 28, 2013

Madison Meadows is about 3 miles from the VA. That's where I will go when I'm all set. They have a wonderful dining room. I have eaten there before when they invited me to come and they served extremely good food. The facility and the apartments are extremely nice. They do have activities. They have entertainers coming in for their residents. They also have their own transportation service and that would come in handy for me whenever I need to go to the VA.

Posted by LovingDaughter7 June 17, 2013
4.0

We chose Madison Meadows for my mom because it was small and intimate. The security there is very good. They can improve on their maintenance.

Posted by YankeeGal April 17, 2013
2.0

My MIL lived here for close to 1 year (2012"”2013). When we toured the facility, the staff was friendly, the residents seemed happy and there were lots of activities planned for them. The Marketing representative was also very nice and she made it clear that this was for independent senior living, but they had a company, All Care, on-site to help with basic care/nursing needs. So, the apartment company and the nursing company are 2 separate entities within the community and they bill separately. I can't really complain about either staff in our situation, in terms of them being friendly and helpful (until the very end).

The apartments were okay. A few different options to choose from, but certainly not fancy or updated. You get what you pay for on that front. But my MIL wasn't used to granite countertops and travertine flooring anyway, so the style of the apartment was not a big concern.

Here are our main 2 issues: #1 Bed bugs; #2 Nickel and Diming.

When we moved my MIL into the apartment, we bought all new stuff. Except for her clothes and a few toiletry items, everything else was brand new that we brought into her apartment down to the pencils, paper and silverware. And of course, she never had bed bugs in her previous home. So, a few months into her living there, we go over to change her sheets and there were bed bugs everywhere. Talk about feeling skeezed out! Her mattress was bought at the Mattress Firm and her linens from Bed, Bath & Beyond, so those bugs didn't come from there. The Madison Meadows staff worked with us to get an exterminator out and take care of the problem and we were able to save the mattress, but it was just a creepy ordeal. I've heard from previous reviews of this complex, that this has been an issue in the past. So, that's something to consider. It's not like you walk in to tour an apartment and find its infested with bugs. They are sneaky and hide in the floorboards, etc. I think this complex needs to get very aggressive about combating this problem. About once a month, we'd see a mattress thrown out near the dumpsters and it's hard to say if it was due to bed bugs or a resident passing away, but it just seemed curious. But my MIL had bed bugs in her apartment and I'll leave it at that.

Our second big complaint is we are currently being nickel and dimed by their corporate office. We were told by the manager that they required a 30-day notice, which we provided. We put it in writing and had the manager sign and date the letter as proof that they received our notice. Now, 4 months later, we are getting bills for the prorated portion of the month that she moved out in. Basically, we gave notice by December 15th because she moved out January 15th (30 days notice). But now, their corporate office is saying we needed to give notice by December 1st because the MONTH she moved out was January. It doesn't matter that she moved out halfway through Jan, they want a 30- day notice from the first of the MONTH the resident moves out, not the specific date within that month. That's not what we were told. They are coming back now, saying that in the rental contract, this is stated. Yeah, okay. But when the property manager accepts the notice we give her and instructs us that this is the correct procedure, we didn't run to our copy of the rental agreement to make sure she wasn't lying!! In hind-sight, I guess we should have, but we never had problems with the staff previously so we took her at her word. Silly us!! We paid the first half of the month of January that my MIL lived there and now they want us to pay for the second half of the month after she moved out.

(Side note: I'm really ticked off that I spent so much time cleaning her apartment when she moved out because I had that place cleaner than what it was like when my MIL moved in. We even donated some of her home goods/décor items to the community and left chairs and a table in the back patio for the new resident. We had cleaned up the back patio and put pavers down over the bare dirt so she'd have a nice patio area.)

If they were not trying to nickel and dime us, I never would have written this review. Their send-off certainly left us with a bad taste in our mouth for this community.

Posted by Caring4200 December 17, 2012
4.0

I've toured just about every possibility in Phoenix because I wanted to make sure that I would be satisfied with the one I would move into. I like Madison Meadows' location. I like the residents and I like the people who ran it. The staff is very nice and helpful.

Posted by Pheonaz1 July 23, 2012
2.0

all in all i would have to say that there are far better options out there for your loved ones. this facility likes to pride themselves off of comfort and respect for their residents, but my mother and i were very unhappy with the outcome. the food seems like it is frozen, thawed out and then steamed. (i imagine it to be like what jail food is like.)the staff seem constantly immersed in their cell phone gadgets and rarely make call backs. there was a point where my mother was having some problems with her phone line and when i was unable to get through i attempted to get a hold of a staff member. needless to say i did not receive a return phone call until two days later and didn't receive an explanation until i came up for a visit. we have dealt with worse so i would say that if you're looking for something with mediocre pricing and basic care then this is the place for you. if you are looking for good aide at a "fairly" reasonable price, i would look elsewhere. that's what we did and we are quite content with that decision.

Posted by A Concerned CNA August 20, 2011
4.0

This is an independent living facility"”a smaller place with about 100 apartments, all on one level. It's in a central location"”with many amenities for residents and visitors in the neighboring community.

The parking lot is right at the main entrance. But once you walk in, the facility has a good feel, with nice tiled details and a reception desk, sometimes staffed by volunteers to greet and direct you. There is also a pleasant sitting area. The whole place is very clean and pretty"”and the back yard, in particular, feels peaceful.

Amenities include a swimming pool and jacuzzi and covered gazebo, with a brook and bridge on the grounds in the back where residents can walk and congregate. Inside is also a spacious library and activity room with a big screen TV, pool table and exercise machines; residents use it frequently.

The living quarters are studios and a smaller or larger one-bedrooms. All are spacious and come furnished if desired. There is a laundry service available for sheets and towels.

Activities are offered, along with a transportation bus that takes residents to shopping and events in the neighboring community. There is also a beauty shop onsite, open limited hours.

The dining room is very nice"”bright with lots of windows. The seating, however, is not contemporary, offering only plain padded chairs. The food is good"”prepared by a staff chef who cooks from scratch. Residents can choose from a number of selections each day. There is also a bistro and snack bar, decorated in Coca-Cola memorabilia, where residents and visitors can get food after hours.

Residents who need additional care are encouraged to get it from either inside or outside caregivers. The caregivers on staff are discreet. Most of the residents are fairly active and mobile.

This place might be the best for active seniors who are fairly alert and social.

Prices start at $1,500 for small studios, and increase for larger units"”less expensive than other comparable spots in the area. Private pay is accepted, along with Section 8 and some veterans' benefits. Pets are allowed, and cable is included in the cost of housing.

Posted by WadeM June 23, 2010

Bed bugs!

My parents lived in one unit there and moved to another unit, only to learn it was infested with bed bugs and they suffered bites and doctor visits to treat. Facility delayed treatment of situation and refused to compensate for items that were recommended to be disposed of. We also learned they had had a previous bed bug problem and had taken responsibility but now they won't. Finally had to move our parents from there. While other conditions were not optimal, they were ok, but this was the last straw.

Location of Madison Meadows

Features of Madison Meadows

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room