Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of Woodbury Mews

Posted by Caring61026850 October 30, 2013
2.0

We chose Woodbury because we thought it was in our price range. Mom is in a private room and it's a very nice room. The staff is also nice. They have bingo and movies. They also provide transportation to the different stores in the area. They have a library room with computers. They have a nice and big sitting room and they have a beautiful area to walk around with a pond. Generally the facility is nice, but there were some problems that were not being tended to. One is, the food is horrible and that was our main concern. Mom does not like the food and as a result she spends more money that what we have anticipated as she buys her own food. They were not able to follow the things that they said when we first moved in. We would like to believe that there was a special diet for diabetics and that was not true. They have diabetic food, but it's the same thing consistently. I don't think that they accommodate well the needs of the elderly that they are housing. They also said that they would have a welcome committee that would tend to making her comfortable for the first two weeks and that never happened. I would not recommend this facility to someone who needs a special diabetic diet.

Posted by lovemykiddos July 23, 2013

I'm very surprised to read the negative reviews of Woodbury Mews, but I guess that goes with the saying that you always hear when someone has a bad experience but rarely when they have a good one. I am not usually one to write reviews, but I felt I had to for Woodbury Mews. My Mom lived here for 6 years. She started in the independent living (which she loved) and moved over to the assisted living (which she was resistant too at first but really grew to love as well). I can't say enough for how at home the staff made her feel each day. Now even though no place will ever be as good as "home" they really do try to be the next best thing. I have never had an issue that I could not get resolved. Mom made a lot of great friends there and she became very close to many of the nurses aides and staff member. Overall I can say that I would recommend this community to anyone who would ask me. Don't believe the negative comments, or at least take the time to get the facts and go see the Mews first.

Posted by llc64 June 18, 2013
1.0

I came there to start a new beginning and find a purpose and going there was the worst experience. The receptionist Lisa is rude the kitchen Chefs the management sucks and also service needs a lot of work not only are they rude the boss lady Kim is a piece of work especially the aides in assisted living I wouldn't go there if my pet needed her own place. Just plain ignorant

Posted by Gunnyv June 15, 2013

i was a resident of woodbury mews they have a lot of what i call problems first off i am told four doctors are in charge,how can this be no unit in the indepentdant living a emergency pull cord or anyway too alert someone that there is a problem.I am and example i layed in bed for four days in pain my only choice was too call someone who lives 15 miles from here too take me too underwood hospital for care i was hospitalized for 7 days do you know not a person new i was gone.howcan tis be?The other thing i the food that i ate i consider the money of 2345.00 monthlly a big factor i question the Chef what is the hiring questions that are asked.I know the executive officer in charge KIm could care less for the most part the average resident is afraid too speak out. I seen that myself i stood up d spoke on behalf of aproximatelly 15 who came too me and asked too speak on there behalf.That was a mistake i could see i was getting no ware.By the time he meeting was comig too and end.Kim spoke out loud by saying that is it there will be no changes and thats it.Th mews has so many problems starting with the entrace fee i paid $6000.00 2345.00 1000 for my dog and 3000.00 community fee when i asked what it was for i was told it goes into he building multiply 3000.00 x over 300 people what do you have a big chunk of change.i ask those who are up on things how is it that there are four doctors who are in charge of the mews how come there isn't a nurse on staff or a doctor common sense isn't here because if your sick you have too ride a bus to the doctor,i feel strong about this because i am a vietnam veteran wih various problems,do they care no when your here tyou get no respect whether yur a veteran or not.The mews needs too get out there and see what others offer.I will die inmy tracts before i ever go there again.If your rich you become poor

Posted by Vanny May 16, 2013
1.0

i am a new resident in the Woodbury Mews Independent building.If i had known what it was like I would have never moved here.It is far from Independent!!There are aides that come in,lots of oxygen tanks,wheelchairs,people who don't even know where they are.If I wanted a nursing home I would have went to one.They tell you the food is gourmet,that couldn't be further from the truth.It's a disgrace the lies the sales department tell you.Can not believe the way the person in charge talks to us at meetings.A disgrace!!!Don't move here.

Posted by Joan826 April 24, 2013
3.0

MY mother is a Resident at Woodbury News. The staff is always helpful. Maintenance is getting better. The new maintenance man Jake is great! What ever Michael can't fix Jake can. I find that the housekeeping director and food director are always out back smoking when I come to visit. Someone should look into that. As for the rest of the staff I love having my mother there. She is happy there and has allot of friends.

Posted by ellie15 March 21, 2013
1.0

My review is of their dementia unit which is a whole other story. If u have dementia u are not allowed to display symptoms of it or u are not appropriate. They are constantly short handed and can't seem to keep a steady staff. They seem to over medicate most of the residents to the point they become more of a fall risk then they already are. If u hold them to task for care of your loved one they do everything they can to evict u, including taking u to court. This is a business to them don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors. When it comes down to it its your money that matters not what is best for your loved one. I was told today by a representative of the state who was assigned to assist us with our mother that she will no longer recommend this place either due to the lack of cooperation and the unethical behaviors of the facility ..such as the director nursing of this facility putting personal comments on facebook. If you value your loved one do not consider woodbury mewss...BEWARE!!

Posted by hrichg88 October 14, 2012
4.0

Overall the place was great. I would come and spend the weekends every so often and the staff was very friendly and compassionate. They developed personal relationships with the residents to make them feel welcome and at home. Especially my grandmother, boy was she outspoken. The facilities were clean all the time. It was quiet, as you would expect of a retirement home. They have an independent living building and an assisted living building, my grandmother stayed in the former. They have on an on site barber shop, which is great to help the residents not have to leave as often as possible. Parking for residents and guests that was easy to get to, even handicap spaces. The only thing I was concerned about was my grandmother falling, she had the tenancy to loose balance a lot, which was not enough alone to put her in the assisted living building. In the independent living building the employees were not allowed to make physical contact with the residents. A life line button solved that problem for us. They had AC and Heating units, internet access, it was like an apartment where every day they served meals, and friendly staff was able to help 24/7. All in all, this is a great place to stay if you are considering an assisted living community.

Posted by Mike the Driver January 21, 2012

As a delivery driver for Rite Aid pharmacy, I visit alot of elderly and home bound seniors. Most of the seniors live in independent or assisted living buildings. Often times i feel really sad for the living conditions that the seniors are placed in. Not the case with the Woodbury Mews though. They have two seperate buildings one for independent and the other for assisted living. the first thing i noticed about the place was its clean and modern decor. It has nice and warm color themes with crown molding and arm rails along the hallways. There is a really cool digital photo that displays every seniors picture in the building. Staff is very nice to visitors and seniors. They have and handyman on staff named Mike and can fix/solve any problem the seniors might have. The kicthen is very nice and comfortable, with the staff serving and busing tables almost like a restaurant. Mews independent living has a hair salon, pool room. movie room and exercise classes. Its a really nice place to be if you are a senior that has to go to senior living.

Location of Woodbury Mews