Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of The Carriage House

Posted by Janet72436550 April 22, 2014
4.0

Carriage House was the one my friend stayed in. It was very nice. The only complaint I would have is her room was tiny, but then she didn't need a big room. She had a bedroom, a living area, a tiny little kitchenette, microwave, and a sink, but they provide all the meals. Very nice dining room. It's very handy. You could walk to Wal-Mart, and there are churches right there and a big shopping center.

Posted by Caring80790650 March 26, 2014

The Carriage House is only two years old. It was very nice, beautiful and everything was clean. The dining area is really nice with a very nice menu. The waitress came and took our menu choices, and they serve salad before and dessert after. They have studios, one bedroom and two bedrooms. The residents seemed happy.

Posted by Melissa12 February 13, 2014

We liked the Carriage House because they’ve got three meals a day and a housekeeper that comes and clean the apartment once a week. They have a bus that takes my parents to their doctors’ appointments. The manager lives onsite which give us a peace of mind knowing there’s someone there round the clock. They have everything you can possibly think of, fun, puzzles and games. They have a fitness center and the give chair exercises in the morning, they have a pool for water aerobics, yoga and entertainment from morning ‘til night.

Posted by Joseph24 February 01, 2014

I enjoyed my visit at the Carriage House. I looked around and I had lunch there. I liked the way they showed me around. I thought the staff was very helpful. The dining room seemed to be satisfactory. They have a pool table room, swimming pool, and a movie house. They even have a place for my dog to play. I think they do just about everything. I really didn't find anything wrong with it except that it's expensive like all of them.

Posted by Caring74088250 January 18, 2014
3.0

The Carriage House was close to where I live. The building was nice and new. However, I didn't like the surroundings because it was plain. We were invited to its open house and we had lunch there. The food was good. I only met a guy who toured us around and a lady in the office who talked to us for five minutes. I saw the apartments and it's not where I wanted to be. The money that they were asking for the apartment's size was ridiculous. The monthly rate that they said was worth it, I'd be broke for less than a year. They had activities like bingo and they went on trips. But I didn't anything outrageous. I could recommend them to see it, but I couldn't say it's great because I don't live there.

Posted by Caring74627450 November 22, 2013

Because Carriage House was new, it was beautiful and very pretty. Their dining room was also beautiful. They did have wonderful activities for their residents. I really love the staff there. They were very warm and personable. They really know how to sell the place. Even though we haven't been back there, we got a call from the person who showed us around. There were lots of followups, invitations, and calls. I did eat there and the food was not as good as the other facility. However, the people that I met and talked to were pleased enough to live there. With regards to accommodations, they don't have washers-dryers in their apartments. They did have a laundry facility section on your floor. They also don't have a stove. They only have a refrigerator and a microwave. They have a kitchenette and not a kitchen.

Posted by Mike35 November 22, 2013

The place that Mom was in was The Carriage House which is a Hawthorn Family community. They have single family homes. There must be close to 2,000 or 3,000 family units there and these independent living apartments are just part of it. It's about an hour and a half to two hours away from me. I was feeling that if mom was having some health problems, I'd run over there. The staff there was very accommodating. In fact, they didn't want Mom to leave and they were willing to bend over backwards to make sure she'd stay but they didn't have the kind of assisted living that she needed. There was more independent living. They had a small pool and a putting green. Their food was very good. In fact, they had some pretty high rated chefs on staff.

Posted by Donald8 July 31, 2013
4.0

The people were very nice at the Carriage House and the residents looked happy. The have swimming, shuffleboard and a lot of card playing go on. They have a movie theatre and library.

Location of The Carriage House