Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Providence Independence

Carefree, invigorating and fulfilling - that's life at Providence Independence. Nestled in the charming city of Wildwood, less than a mile from The Villages town center, Brownwood Paddock, this community offers independent living set in peaceful surroundings with flowered gardens and exquisite architecture. Providence Independence is the perfect place to enjoy life and relax in the warm Florida climate.

Providence Independence offers unique benefits and an unparalleled array of amenities.

9 spacious models to choose from at affordable prices - Full kitchens w/granite counter tops - Washer/dryer in all apartments - Month to month rentals, no buy in fees - Housekeeping, all utilities, cable, WiFi, and bus transportation included - All day dining with your choice of freshly made to order menu selections.

Reviews of Providence Independence

Posted by Dolores11 October 19, 2014

Providence is absolutely beautiful, and I was very impressed with everything. We had a meal in the big dining room; we saw everything. They have a pool, and near the area there are umbrellas, they have a library and a beauty shop. I’m in favor of that one, but I have some things to consider. The rooms had 9 foot ceilings which make them seem very large, and they had a studio that normally they put nothing between living in bedroom area. It is spacious enough for me. I could use the studio. The one bedroom is larger, and the price is very reasonable, much less than any other place. It’s so beautiful that I can’t understand why they don’t charge more.

Posted by Caring98787350 September 12, 2014
3.0

We didn't care for Providence Independence. The colors were dark and dreary. It just seemed old. My wife didn't like it because it seemed gloomy. We had a meal there, and the food was good. They also offer something where you buy just one meal a day, which is appealing. They will fix that one meal any time of the day you want. However, the whole facility we just didn't have a great feeling. The facility was adequate but not cheerful. The staff was OK. We took a tour of the apartments led by the manager. The manager was OK. Their apartments and accommodations were adequate. It's kind of isolated there. The place was brand new, but it was not near anything. In terms of activities, they were just getting started, and what they offer is a bus to take you wherever you want. Overall, I would not say it's bad, but it didn't appeal to us.

Posted by Barbara85660850 June 26, 2014
4.0

The first reason why I chose Providence Independence is because it's close to my family. The facility is relatively new, not even a year old. It's got all kinds of activities going on. It's not quite full yet, and I find that interesting. The food is restaurant style, so you do not have to eat at a certain time. The food is excellent. It's not like institutional food. The people there are lovely people. I stayed over there several times just to familiarize myself with the kinds of people. It has a mixture of religions and races there. The staff, although they are lovely people, are not very competent. They don’t return telephone calls necessarily, and questions go unanswered. They're really not business people.

Posted by Pat38 November 28, 2013

I had a tour at Providence Independence and the facility is lovely. This is the facility I am hoping my father-in-law would choose. The facility is clean and very attractive. The person who showed me around was very helpful at showing me around a studio apartment and the room was lovely. It was like 504 square feet. They've got a library, a movie room, a little lounge, and a lovely pool. They just a lot of amenities and the price is very reasonable. This is the best of all the places I've seen and I didn’t feel pressured at all. They have different kinds of activities like they would take the residents to shopping. They have a recreation room and a game room where they have poker tables and cards tables. They have a pool that is in a lovely courtyard. They also have a movie room that has very comfortable seats. They have somebody monitor the residents 24 hours a day. Every resident has a call button that they wear. If they need something they push that and the person that is monitoring is right there and find out and give help immediately. They also have a doctor and a podiatrist that comes in to the facility.

Posted by Caring74627450 November 22, 2013
4.0

The manager at Providence Independence was very helpful, warm, and informative. She was glad when we came. She talked to us and even encouraged us to come back. However, the person who showed us around initially was cold. There was no warmth in the presentation. She was informative but she didn't seem to care whether we purchase or not. It was like, "Here's the information, now do what you want with it."

The place itself was really nice. On the whole, we're really interested in going there for that matter. They did have activities for their residents. Their dining room was very nice. Their food was good too. It was like eating in a restaurant. Regarding accommodations, we could manage with their rooms there. They have a washer/dryer, a stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher. If you want to, you can cook there. They did have better floor plans than the other facilities I visited.

Posted by Paul1740 August 28, 2013

Providence Independence is a brand new facility. Their buildings are more upscale and they have a very nice surrounding. Their apartments are great. The staff is very good and very nice. Food is really good. There are more activities to do here.

Posted by Dolores6 August 10, 2013

Providence Independence at Wildwood have particularly the things we liked and they do not have a humongous entrance fee. The place is brand new. They have small apartments with one bedroom and one bath. The staff are very helpful. It's not a very large place with three floors. We liked it a lot. They have a pool. They have activity center for exercise and activities.

Location of Providence Independence

Features of Providence Independence

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, We have 24/7 Concierge and locked door at 8pm, W/D in apt.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
  • Dining extra: Two meals are included, your choice in our restaurant all day dining, meals made to order

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,299
  • Highest monthly rate: 4,325
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details