From the Provider
Situated in Newtown, Bucks County, and nestled in a lovely, suburban setting, The Plaza features beautiful landscaped grounds, outdoor patio, gazebo and recreational areas. You’ll quickly feel the comfort and quiet of this scenic community. Whatever your interests, The Plaza has something for everyone, featuring a large community room for activities including special lunches and dinners, entertainment, bingo, shuffleboard and exercising; small activity room with computers and internet access; living room for cards and socializing; library; and games room. At The Plaza, you’re also within walking distance of the charming shops of historic Newtown and the Septa 130 bus stops at our front door.
The Plaza operates under a regulatory agreement with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) so all residents must comply with the income and eligibility requirements of a Section 202/8 facility. It is designed for seniors over the age of 62 as well as for people under that age who would benefit from the wheelchair-accessibility features in some of the apartments.
The Plaza is part of Gloria Dei Communities, a not-for-profit organization with the goal of providing quality, affordable community living with an abundance of opportunities to find meaning and fulfillment for its residents
- Comfortable efficiency and one-bedroom apartments.
- All utilities are included (except telephone and cable TV).
- Individual climate control.
- Smoke detector and sprinkler systems monitored 24/7.
- Emergency pull cords in bedrooms and baths monitored 24/7.
- Wall to wall carpet
- Modern updated electric kitchens.
- Window shades.
- Linen and utility closets.
- Social spaces.
- Community rooms with internet access for games, activities, and more.
- Games room with pool table, darts, etc.
- Coffee shop/convenience store.
- Beauty shop/barber shop.
- Landscaped patio and residents’’ garden.
- Coin operated laundry and trash chutes on every floor.
- Assigned parking.
- Controlled building access with safety surveillance at entrances.
- Community bus to scheduled destinations.
- Grocery carts.