Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of Metairie Manor

Posted by Georgia2 June 26, 2013

My mom is in the waiting list at Metairie Manor. They said she was on the top of the list a couple of months ago but they haven't called her yet. We chose the place because location is good. It's right in heart of Metairie. The facility is very nice and clean. The people there seemed to be happy. I really don't know much of their activities, but I know they have bingo. They also have a bus that takes the residents to places that they need to go or want to go. We only met one person from the staff; it's the girl who is in charge of placing a resident in Metairie Manor and she was very friendly.

Posted by Laurel2 August 31, 2012
3.0

I don't really care for the facility very much. It's very...depressing and doesn't seem to host many different events or activities that give the residents something social to look forward to. It just seems outdated, and it smells funny. The elevators take forever and the parking can be limited. I've never really interacted with any of the staff. The living quarters are very, very small and cramped. It's not a place I would like to have to live in. It just makes me sad when I go there.

Posted by mspaigeh August 31, 2012
2.0

This place is very run down. It used to be very nice ten years ago, but there has been very little improvements or remodeling since then. The carpet looks old and dingy and the laminate tile all throughout the place needs some serious updating. The staff, while they try to be nice and friendly, do not properly help their tenants. My grandmother is currently having to live outside of her apartment here because it is being treated for bed bugs for the second time. This place seems to be infested here, and that bothers me. I do, however, appreciate that they offer rides for their tenants to the doctors office and grocery shopping, and that they have a priest come in every Saturday to perform mass. I also like that they make visitors sign in as an added level of security. I just wish that the renovations would happen more frequently in this facility.

Location of Metairie Manor