Cost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Chateau

Visiting Angels: By Your Side 2012

The Chateau is located in MCKINNEY, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to The Chateau for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of The Chateau

Posted by Caring87447050 September 08, 2014

My grandmother is now living in The Chateau. Her apartment is really nice. It is an all inclusive facility and has a lot of things for seniors. The staff working there is very friendly and helpful. I would say that the food and their dining room are adequate.They usually play cards, bingo and watch movies. They also have trips to places like casinos.

Posted by Caring93325250 August 28, 2014

The Chateau was very, very nice. It was a little casual than the other facility. It was more casual living; it was not quite so high-end. They have everything that you can imagine. They have activities. They have movie theater, billiards, game room, exercise room, I mean, they have everything. They have social recreations. They take them on trips to places. It is actually where I'm going to put my dad. The apartments were extremely reasonable for the amount of space you get. They have a lot of apartments for a lot less than what the other facility has. The food was great. It was awesome. It was excellent. All the people were very, very friendly there. I would definitely recommend this place.

Posted by Caring82324850 April 22, 2014
3.0

The staff at The Chateau were extremely busy, but they did make sure that they came in and checked on me, although I spent more time with the nurse there. It's located in a nice location. What I don’t like is that in their dining room, a lot of people had to go through a lobby and carry their own food, and we are talking about a lot of people who have walkers and everything else, and we know they can't carry their own food.

Posted by 4JP January 21, 2014
1.0

The Chateau is McKinney is a beautiful facility on the outside BUT it's what's on the inside that counts most. Please read this and think twice before you move in or move your loved ones here. When I first found The Chateau, I was excited to think my parents could live there because it's a pretty facility and is relatively clean, for the most part. I looked at it several times and then brought my parents for a visit and meal. They decided to make it their home. At first, things seemed pretty good, but we soon found that they don't live by what they advertise. In less than a year, they have had a lot of turnover, including 3 sets of live-in managers that are/were often quite short and not awfully friendly with the residents. The food was good, but it has gone down in quality quickly. The meals are not healthy for many of the residents and they herd them through a serving line like animals. If a resident tries to serve themselves tea or coffee, they are snapped at and told to leave the drinks alone and wait for an employee to serve them. Residents are promised moving reimbursements and then wait 6 months to get it or never receive it. The poor staff members are so overworked because the company pinches every penney and never hires enough staff. After less than a year, my parents and many residents were informed their rent was going up. My parents' rent was raised $300.00, yet they were promised 2 years with no increase in rent. They did get this resolved after they gave notice that they were moving. Many residents are leaving because of this. I wish I could say something positive, but it has been a very disappointing experience. Before you move in or move a loved one in, read employee reviews of the Holiday Company which owns The Chateau. It's very sad that our aged family has to experience a place like this, when they've trusted, (because of the false picture that the property renting agents paint) that they're leaving their homes to move to a place that truly cares about them. It's pretty much a line of bull and I'll never forgive myself for falling for it and letting my parents move there. I'm so happy that they're not there any longer. I sincerely hope this review makes those considering The Chateau to think twice and look elsewhere and not make the same mistake we did.

Posted by Marjorie11 November 27, 2013

We liked the apartment at The Chateau. We had two-bedroom apartment. The facility has about 200 apartments. They have water aerobics and then they have a fitness center. They also take you Wal-Mart, to Target, and to all several stores. Once a week, the residents are out to go to restaurants. They also take the residents on a trip a couple of times a month. They basically keep the residents busy. The staff were very good with the residents. When we made an appointment, they invited us for lunch and the food was good. My only complaint is that it's geared more towards assisted living.

Posted by Caring 9907 July 24, 2013
3.0

The Chateau is reasonably priced. It's a large, clean, full facility and it looks good.

Location of The Chateau

Features of The Chateau

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room