Cost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Springs of El Cajon

Live-In Managers at Holiday Retirement

The Springs of El Cajon is located in El Cajon, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to The Springs of El Cajon for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of The Springs of El Cajon

Posted by Mr C June 11, 2014
4.0

We stayed for 4 or 5 days at The Springs of El Cajon. I told them I’m a journalist, and they made me make an article for their newsletter as a freebie. We weren’t planning to stay there, we just wanted to see the what San Diego had to offer. So it was not a candidate for relocation. However, we enjoyed it there. They have a guest room, a library, a dining hall, and some individual activity rooms. We stayed in a room with a queen sized bed, a closet, and a dresser. It also had a television, sofa, and sink. We usually ate our meals there. One of the things there was the public library one block away. We took advantage of two special activities in the library: music and computers. I guess it was satisfactory.

Posted by Rhonda9 May 20, 2014
4.0

My parents are very happy at The Springs of El Cajon. We can have dinner with them, and everyone was so very nice. We really like this place. It wasn’t as big as the other places. It’s a very homey place, and they also receive three meals a day. The staff were very, very wonderful. The residents came up, and they were very friendly. We just got a really good sense of it being just the right place for them. They have cleaning service once a week. They have bingo and card nights. They actually have several things for the residents to engage in. They also have a community kitchen were you can bring in your meals and bring in the food and cook it with your family. It has been a great experience so far. Also, once a week they a bus out or to doctor's appointments. We had dinner there. They have a regular meal offered, and they also have other foods offered. I like the idea that there is a staff that stays at night. The only thing I wish they have was a swimming pool.

Posted by Glenda6 April 22, 2014
4.0

Basically, my mom wanted to go to a particular church, and The Springs of El Cajon would take her there. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. They have people who live there. The workers do everything, cleaning the rooms and serving the food. There's a lot of interaction for people who live there and for new people who come in. If there are new people, somebody goes around with them and makes sure they get involved in some of the activities. They make a big deal of introducing new people. In the dining room at lunchtime, they introduce them, saying who they are and where they came from. In addition, they have something going on every day. They have ongoing bingo games, crafts, meeting club that knits or crochets (the community furnishes the materials), and exercise classes. They do 3 meals a day, but for many it's 2 meals. I've eaten there twice. The food was good. It's small, only 100 residents. It's an older building, low kept-up, and a little outdated. I think they need to update furnishing in some of the areas. The chairs in the dining room are already pink; older people like that, but the furnishings aren't modern.

Posted by John41 May 14, 2013

We chose The Springs for my mother because my mother-in-law also lived there. It had a courtyard and a restaurant-like dining area where they ordered whatever they wanted. The staff were very good and my mother was happier there. It was a very good place and I would recommend it to others.

Location of The Springs of El Cajon

Features of The Springs of El Cajon

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room