Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of Chateau Cupertino

Posted by Lori18 December 02, 2013

My dad will be moving by the end of this year to Chateau. My dad likes it because it is more like a hotel with carpeted hallway. The staff is very amazing. They are very responsive and accommodating. They are very warm. They understand that this is a big decision and they have been very kind about it. Chateau is a good fit for my dad.

Posted by Caring70857850 October 19, 2013
4.0

Chateau Cupertino is a nice clean place, it is near shopping malls, but the food is not great. My aunt is happy there, they have activities every week, and I would recommend it.

Posted by Caring69991950 September 29, 2013
3.0

My sister-in-law is in an independent place at Chateau Cupertino. It is in a very nice location. She has been there for about three years now. I think the facility is okay, although I don't think it's fabulous. Aside from independent living, they've also added assisted living. The independent part is adequate for my sister-in-law right now. She has been getting some extra help because she's not entirely independent and I think they're all fine. The staff is very nice. Overall, I would recommend this place with reservations. I think it's a little bit dreary and it needs a little lightening up, like new painting and new carpeting. I think the food is good but it's not fabulous, so they could improve on this one too. Also they don't have enough activities especially for people who wants to be busy.

Posted by Gloria6 April 16, 2013
4.0

The first time I went to the Chateau Cupertino, I was really impressed. The general arrangement was very nice and uncluttered. People smiled and I had a good feeling about it. I liked that their big meal was served restaurant style. They had very nice facilities and their lady manager at that time was very nice. The second time I went, they changed managers and I was not impressed. There was something about her approach that did not make me feel welcome and comfortable. And their price was about $500 more than the other facilities I've visited, which was a negative for me.

Posted by billy89 April 01, 2013
3.0

My mother has lived there for 7 years. I love the staff. This is an independent living facility, so of course they are not trained in healthcare. If you need assistance one can hire a private caregiver. Many residents have them. I'm giving this place 3 stars because the food is so awful. One would think with all of the competition Chateau would step up and serve good food. It's getting worse and worse. Several of the residents complain about the food, but it's falling on deaf ears. Other then the food Chateau is a nice, friendly place.

Posted by ScottyW August 17, 2011

My grandmother lived at Chateau Cupertino for the last two years of her life. She was very happy there. The staff was excellent. There were many fun activities that she enjoyed and the food was good. The resources to get out were great as well. On top of that, the people that lived there were very nice and active as well. I would highly recommend Chateau Cupertino.

Posted by Jack Alexander July 22, 2011
3.0

The grounds are very nice, but I think the food is terrible. I've eaten there several times and I think it's greasy and tasteless and unimaginative. I also hear complaints from the residents about it. A lot of complaints and portions are very small (although you can easily get seconds).

The common rooms inside are old-fashioned looking. I think the hallways look dreary.

The residents' rooms are adequate and some are nice "“ it depends how someone fixes up their apartment. Each apartment has a 2-burner stove and a refrigerator.

The activities there are OK and there are outings. Their movies seem old and outdated.

With all it's problems I have heard that it's a wonderful, warm community of people.

The staff are just administrators. They're helpful, but they're not trained care for anyone no matter what. They won't even help you with blood pressure. This is strictly independent living, so if a resident's health declines, he or she has to move out or spend a lot of money to being in an outside caregiver.

Location of Chateau Cupertino