Cost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Shads Landing

Live-In Managers at Holiday Retirement

Shads Landing is located in Charlotte, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to Shads Landing for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of Shads Landing

Posted by dl-nc July 18, 2014
4.0

This retirement community was like a hotel. They had a large dinner room. They also had area where you could get coffe or tea during the day. I was shown a one bedroom apartment. There was good closet space and a patio. There was a man made pond that you could walk around. You can get private services if you need help with medications or dressing. They clean the rooms once aweek.

Posted by Angela10 March 28, 2014
4.0

If I had to choose, I would choose Shads Landing. It is a senior apartment complex. You have anyone there from age 55 and up. You can have three meals a day, and everything is inclusive as far as the rent. It all depends on the unit that you purchased. They have a studio, a delux studio that is considered a standard, and also two-bedroom or three-bedroom units that ranged different prices. The two-bedroom was spacious; however, the studio and delux studio were kind of small. They also have cottages, I think, on the property as well for someone who wants more of a home-type setup as opposed to apartments. The staff was very helpful and very resourceful. They have a two-party manager-type setup; there are two couples who actually stay there in the property. They have a church and chapel there on site. They have laundry facility on each floor at the end of the hallway. They have an elevator. They have a library, a community room, and a little mini-store. So this facility is pretty neat. This one just looks newer than the other facility we visited, so the furniture looked a little better. However, it is just expensive to live there.

Posted by John74582150 December 27, 2013

Mom describes Shads Landing as elegant. The facility is very clean and nicely decorated. They have a warm, welcoming staff. My mother is in a studio apartment. Even though it is the smallest one, it is a nice apartment. They also have one and two-bedroom apartments. There is an activity room that I go by regularly and I see a lot of things going on.

Posted by Janette1 September 26, 2013

I had the chance to see Shads Landing and it's a nice and clean place, but there was no garage parking for your car and I want a garage for my car. There were activities provided for the residents. The place is satisfactory. The residents there seemed to very happy and they are very friendly.

Posted by grover1 July 07, 2013
1.0

The food at Shads Landing is terrible. I have lived here for seven months and have frequently complained about the low quality of ingredients and the incompetence of the chefs and kitchen staff (poor preparation, low quality of food, cold food, other problems). I am living here waiting for my townhome to be built. I want to leave as soon as I can. The food here is terrible and the system has concept of how to deal with the "demented" residents (and perhaps the demented kitchen staff).

Posted by Cindy13 March 27, 2013

Shads Landing is just a really nice place. The location is good, everything is clean, the staff is very helpful, and the food is awesome. Joanne helped me in so many ways. She was very helpful with all kinds of information that I needed.

Location of Shads Landing

Features of Shads Landing

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room