Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

About Resting Place

Resting Place is an independent living community in Anderson, SC designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Resting Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Resting Place

Average Rating: 2.0 based on 1 Review

Resting Place
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Gladys2 August 19, 2012
2.0

The facility really needs some help for the aesthetic properties. The house looks really, really old and it needed to be remodeled. The flooring was not leveled. It had 3 or 4 different floors. The carpets and the rest of the stuff smelled like disinfectants. It's very, very strong! I just didn't like it.

I asked the owner if the facility always smell like this and she said, " Well, we only use it in the commodes." I just can't believe that was true. Although, I love the lady because she was very open and she gave me more information about how assisted living works than anybody that I've talked to. But, I just wish her facility had looked a lot better and the furniture was a lot better because it was horrible.

The residents seemed happy and even the employees seemed happy. They said, "We know you're going to love it. Your mom will love it here." But it just really broke my heart to see the condition those people were living in. They said they were remodeling and I could tell that they were, but they need some grant money or something to really update the facility. This is also a bit far away from my house and my concern is the distance factor.

My mom has asthma like I do. I know that I would not be able to go there without having an asthma attack. The staff was great, but I would suggest for them to change the wallpapers of the facility to make it look new and bright. The rooms are not well-decorated. Well, I would bring my mom home before I would even let her go there.

Location of Resting Place