Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

From Greenspring

Greenspring is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 108 picturesque acres in Springfield, Virginia, Greenspring is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Greenspring offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and six restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a conference center. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Greenspring also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Reviews of Greenspring

Greenspring
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Caring Daughter9 August 01, 2013

I'm very impressed with Greenspring. I visited this place for my parents, and right now, they are just on the waiting list. They showed us around and showed a number of different units. We also talked about the financial arrangement. Because my folks want to have extended care that lasts until they die, they decided to do buy-in to Greenspring. My parents also wanted two bedrooms and one-and-a-half bathroom and they happened to offer that particular model. We are actually waiting for that one to come up. Their staff was very nice and very professional. They have activities as well. I know my parents like their swimming pool and their training room. We talked about other activities but I just don't remember them in particular.

Greenspring
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Greenleeaj February 29, 2012
4.0

My experience was my first at a retirement community and they were much different than I thought. the Campus itself was very large yet the building set up was very tasteful and upscale. The fees for residency were around $20,000 a year which seemed very expensive to me but the quality of life was very good and the amenities offered were excellent and the community seemed self-sufficient and to some degree very self-sufficient. There were convenience stores as well as a pool, gym and a fully functioning dining service which notably was extremely luxurious. The food was excellent and although it was somewhat reminiscent of a cafeteria the actual dining hall was very large and very well designed with picturesque views and ambient lighting that created a large restaurant vibe. Overall despite the price I think the community would be an excellent choice for those tired of dealing with rent, mortgages and property upkeep.

Location of Greenspring