Top nearby In-Home Care Services:

Reviews of Home Helpers & Direct Link - Yorktown VA

Posted by Johanna1 May 17, 2013
4.0

I think they found just the right person for us. She's very honest. My parents love her. When my dad died she stayed with mom. Mom has Alzheimers and we placed her in an assisted living. Everyday the helper is out there 5 days a week. They were very helpful. I think they are a good company and we were just lucky that we found the right one.

Posted by Caring7125 May 17, 2013

They have been excellent and reliable. Their staff is dependable. We have been using them since February 2011. We're going on our third year with them. I'm happy with their care for my mom. My mom already created a bond with the ladies who come over to help her.

Posted by Kim16 May 17, 2013

Home Helpers & Direct Link was recommended to me. I was informed about what a good job they did. I have hired private workers but they weren't working out too good. I decided to go with them. They are professional. The paper work is well done. When they have to be out they were very good about covering shifts. All the helpers seemed to be well trained. They have an upbeat attitude. My mother has Alzheimer's and my dad has critical issues. The helpers never complained no matter how difficult my mother is. They're really cheerful and nice to her.

Posted by Helen8 April 22, 2013

I saw their ad on a senior citizen magazine. We noticed that the office was just right up the road from us. We called and Gail from the office came out and interviewed us. We were very pleased with her. So we chose them for our care.

We have been extremely satisfied. There are some who are new at caregiving and they may not be as experienced as some of the older caregivers but the ones that I have are excellent. They come in and they know what needs to be done. They do a lot of extra stuff. They're very attuned to the person that they are taking care of. They have been with me now for a over a year. They pretty much do everything for me.

Posted by Marie April 19, 2013
4.0

The care from Home Helpers & Direct Link has been wonderful. I just let go of my caregiver last Saturday. It was her last day. Her name was Beth. She's very very good. She was so helpful and was ready to help me with anything. I had a knee operation and she was staying with me and helping me. She was doing everything for me. I had Beth for about two months.

Posted by Lisa17 April 10, 2013

My father knew the people who run Home Helpers & Direct Link. He thought very highly of them. He told me they were strong Christians and that was a very important factor for me. They interviewed us and we liked what they said and the policies for the kind of people that they employed.

They gave that companionship we were looking for as well as the extra eyes and ears that we needed specially when she was in a nursing home. They were actually helping to assist the CNA's in the nursing home. They were like an extra set of hands which is greatly needed because she was not mobile at that time and had to learn to walk again. My mother is very social. She had them as companions too. Most of them are chatty and pleasant. They also take the time to pray with her. They gave her a lot of peace that she was gonna get better.

At home, they were basically there 8 hours a day prior to her going to the nursing home. They were a few things at home that I would have liked them to maybe noticed a little bit more but they were not nurses so I can't blame them that they were not doing what the nurses told them.

Right now, she's down here in Georgia with me and have another group working with her but she still calls one of the girls from Home Helpers & Direct Link on a regular basis because she was that close to her.

Posted by Caring8200 March 15, 2013

They're definitely wonderful. I'm really happy with them. I am totally satisfied with their care. I would recommend them to my friends.

Posted by Elizabeth8 March 11, 2013

They did a wonderful job for me. I could not have made it if I hadn't had them. They have wonderful people who work for him. The caregivers were wonderful. They were very cooperative and very attentive. I used them for several months for my husband and I was happy with them. If I ever needed them, I would go right back to Home Helpers.

Posted by Esther3 March 11, 2013

They are great people. They did a great job for my husband. They really cared for him. They are also good to their employees. If something goes wrong, they're on it in a minute. My husband had Parkinson's disease and heart problems. They practically had somebody to care for him 24 hours sometimes. They still come around and help me if I have a toilet leak that's giving me a problem. They also drive me to Arlington cemetery to see my husband.

Posted by Walter3 March 11, 2013

My son found Home Helpers and Direct Link for me. Their care for me is really good. They help me with my meals and some errands too. The caregivers are always on time. They are very responsible.

Location of Home Helpers & Direct Link - Yorktown VA