From the Provider
Golden Horizons Elder Care Services Inc., founded in1996 by Lisa Gradzewicz, is a private in-home care agency. It is our mission to provide excellent in-home care services to the elder population along the Connecticut Shoreline and Greater Hartford area. Through our services we encourage self-sufficiency while providing personal care, homemaking, and companionship. It is our goal to allow the elderly to remain independent at home while still providing the quality assistance they need.
Facts & Services:
- Fully bonded and insured. Registered with Connecticut as a Homemaker-Companion Agency Reg# HCA.0000133.
- Our staff is comprised of Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Home Health Aides (HHA), Homemakers, and Companions. We partner with the VNA and employ a sub-contracted nurse during the summers.
- We offer services 24/7, on an hourly or live-in basis.
- Meal preparation, wash dishes
- Change bed linens, do laundry
- Vacuum and dust/light housekeeping
- Kitchen and bathroom maintenance
- Transport and accompany to appointments, errands, Senior Center, etc.
- Grocery shopping
- Companionship: go for walks, take car rides, play cards, board games etc.
*Homemakers/Companions do not provide personal care such as bathing and dressing
Personal Care Attendant:
- Assist with bathing
- Assist with toileting
- Assist with hair care
- Assist with skin and foot care
- Assist with medication reminders
*Personal Care Attendants also provide all the duties of Homemakers/Companions
Live-In Companion and Personal Care Attendants: Provide all the services of Homemakers/Companions/Personal Care Attendants while living with the client.
Hospice care: We assign only our most experienced and qualified caregivers to these most difficult situations.
Additional services include Peapod grocery shopping (on line) and assistance with managing medications.
"They brought me back to life!" - Mrs. O, Old Lyme
Caregiver Skills lnclude:
Ethics, Patient Transfers, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients
Caregivers are employed, bonded and insured: : Yes
Caregivers are available 24 hours a day: : Yes
Caregivers are available to assisted living facilities : Yes
Reviews of Golden Horizons Elder Care Services
Location of Golden Horizons Elder Care Services
Features of Golden Horizons Elder Care Services
- Hourly rate: $18-$23/hour