Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

From Renewal Care Partners

Welcome to Renewal Care of New York

A New Way of Caring

Renewal Care is about starting again with fresh energy and purpose. We provide companion care, home care, and social programs for seniors, people with chronic health challenges, and their families. We believe all people can find renewal at any stage of life, regardless of their mental or physical condition. This belief is the cornerstone of our work.

Our mission is to bring renewed well-being and freedom to people giving and receiving long-term care. To advance this mission, we operate a Certified B Corporation and not-for-profit foundation that set the standard for innovation and excellence in long-term care.

Home Health Care enhances and maintains the health of people living with chronic health conditions or long-term disabilities. Enabling people to lead meaningful lives at home, home care often leads to better health outcomes at lower expense than institutional care such as nursing homes.

Clients receiving home care require assistance with one or more activities of daily living. These include walking, eating, dressing, and personal hygiene. If clients do not require assistance with these activities but may still benefit from some assistance, they may be candidates for companion care.

Home care also can serve as “respite care” for people caring for family or friends. When clients are matched with capable Home Care Partners whom they trust, family caregivers can attend to their own need, then return to their loved one with fresh energy and perspective.

Some of the benefits of home care include:

• Better health outcomes through more customized and
coordinated care;
  • Greater autonomy, freedom, and safety for clients;
  • Reduced burden on family caregivers;
  • Improved health and behavior for clients with neurocognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.

Some of the services we offer but not limited to:

• Personal Care
  • Companion Care
  • Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care
  • Incontinence Care
  • Dressing & Grooming
  • Medication Reminders
  • Meal Preparation
  • Bathing Assistance etc…

About us

Joe Fisher and Patrick O’Brien’s individual experiences led to their shared vision for a new way of caring for seniors, people with disabilities, and their families.

For Patrick, long-term care has always been an important part of his life. A nurse and therapist, his mother also lives with chronic illness. Through his experience caring for her, Patrick learned about the challenges people often encounter in long-term care. In particular, he saw how the system often focuses on complex, expensive medical treatments while neglecting the simple things so essential to one’s quality of life. He felt called to work toward change.

Separately, Joe was caring for an uncle who lives with a neurocognitive disorder. Joe’s uncle also happens to be gay. When his uncle reached the point of needing home health care, Joe called various agencies in search of someone who would care for him while understanding and accepting this important part of his uncle’s identity. None of the options Joe could find seemed able to do this. He believed his uncle deserved more.

After meeting through a mutual friend, Joe and Patrick discovered that they shared a vision for providing long-term care that not only extends life, but also cultivates the conditions that make living worthwhile—authentic relationships, hope, meaning, and moments of joy. Based on this vision, they co-founded Renewal Care with the aspiration of making long-term care about celebrating life as well as dealing with its challenges.

Since first opening its doors, Renewal Care has grown rapidly and now serves clients in New York and South Florida. Building on this momentum, Joe and Patrick established Renewal Care Foundation to serve the most vulnerable seniors, people with disabilities, and care providers.

Thank you for you interest in our work. Please give us a call for free assessment.

Reviews of Renewal Care Partners

1621762 10203101399564108 1674380594 n copy.jpg
Posted by lilly.robin July 21, 2014

at least in new york, all the agencies seem the same (for the most part). no one seems to care. that's why my expectations were low when i contacted this one. the main thing they offer is they match caregivers with your family in a more personal way. small thing but made a huge difference for my mom's care

Posted by sjacobs April 27, 2013

My family's grateful to this organization for all they've done for our mom. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Posted by steinman February 05, 2012

Hidden gem. People from Renewal helped my family when my dad was being discharged from the hospital. My mom couldn't care for him anymore by herself, though she wouldn't admit it. They found caregivers both my parents liked.

Posted by lauramc January 14, 2012

My mom has early-stage dementia. A friend of mine in a support group I'm in referred me to Renewal Care, and I've been working with them ever since. Everyone I've met through the organization has been responsive and reliable. Their caregivers have been great and really seem to connect with my mom. I highly recommend them for caring for people with dementia.

Other Options Nearby