Payment Options

From Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

Posted by Robert96138550 July 19, 2014

Shay and Amy are top notch! I was very comfortable with Dad's care and so was he. Thanks a million.

Posted by belindab March 04, 2014

Home Instead Senior Care is a very professionally run home care organization that truly cares about the welfare of their clients. After my mother had several falls, the last being a fractured pelvis, I was faced with the responsibility to get help for my mother. She was in much pain and unable to be left alone. After asking a nurse in the Statesville area, and asking another professional in the health care field, I was advised that Home Instead would be an excellent choice for home care. After making an appointment with Home Instead, I realized I would be unable to leave my mother to go to their office. The owner actually came to my mother's house to explain the services that were offered. That was 5 months ago, and I have nothing but praise for the staff and the owners of the company. Its is a very qualified staff and everyone is very friendly and pleasant. They have the most up-to-date technology available in the health care field. They are always able to help you with any questions or issues you may have. If you truly want the best care or your loved one, I would highly recommend Home Instead Senior Care. You will be able to rest assured that you have given your family member the best care possible.

Posted by Caring75042150 December 13, 2013
3.0

Mom started with Home Instead a week after my online inquiry. The first week they had someone else, the second week they had this woman and she has been there since then. My mom just praises her caregiver all the time. When I’m there, the caregiver is very polite to me. I spoke to her and told her not to take my mom to the grocery often and everything had been better. There was an instance where I called but it was hard for them to answer my questions. It took two days for them to leave a message. I called back at night and they said they will call me in the morning. But it was a day after that somebody got hold of me.

Posted by RBr November 25, 2013

Our relationship with Home Instead Senior care is great! Our caregiver is professional, compassionate, caring, responsible, considerate and a very hard worker. She is making a difference in allowing my dad to be able to stay in our family home and we are so thankful to have her. We know that if ever there is a time she is not available, that we will have another qualified, trustworthy, caring person to fill in for her. Thank you Home Instead for being there for us!!

Posted by Ashley7 June 07, 2013

We chose to hire the services of Home Instead Senior Care for my grandfather because of the reputation they had for being the best at what they did. When they came out to talk to us, they listened to what we were looking for and what my grandfather's needs were. The caregiver they sent was absolutely wonderful and she became like part of the family. If for some reason she couldn't be there, we knew that they would send an equally capable person to care for him. I felt that the caregiver and my grandfather matched perfectly and we have been nothing but pleased.

Posted by joeysue March 10, 2012

My father is a current client of Home Instead Senior Care, Statesville, NC. I am an RN with extensive home care and long term care experience and evaluated many home care providers before choosing Home Instead for my Dad. I couldn't be more pleased with their level of integrity and quality of care. The management staff is extremely professional and compassionate, providing very timely response to service requests. My Dad receives Home Health Aide and Companion Services 7 days per week, and has had the same caregiver since start of service almost 2 months ago. Their quality of care and level of communication & oversight is excellent - I can't speak highly enough of this organization. I rest much easier knowing that my Dad is in their reliable care.

Posted by Shaggyzack March 07, 2012
1.0

There are constant changes in caregivers with this office. Multiple times they have had new or substitute caregivers show up in the morning and come into the house with my parent asleep without notifying anyone. That has been very disturbing to me and my parent as they wake up to see a stranger in their house. Part of their service is to provide meals, but they send caregivers that don't know how to cook and admit they do no screening to verify if their caregivers can cook. There is no education on normal dietary needs of older people, such as how to provide low sodium or diabetic meals. One caregiver did not even know what a carbohydrate was and was serving potato soup, potato salad, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, cornbread, etc at most every meal to a diabetic. Poor caregivers are just cycled on to someone else...maybe you. They do not ask you about making changes in caregivers or review potential caregivers with you to, they just make changes as they see fit, and state if you don't like them let us know and we will send someone else. Your loved one does not want a constant changing of people coming in to help them take baths, dress, and see them nude. Our loved ones, however fragile, still have some dignity. This office does not treat them that way. This office requires that payment for their bill be received 10 days after they mail it. Meaning, you have to write a check and get it back in the mail within 1 day, since a weekend will occur during that time. If two weekends are in that 10 day period you will have to drive to their office and take it to them for it to get there within those 10 days, or they charge late fees. If you decide to use them, someone needs to go the the home EVERY day to check on your loved one. Read the client log EVERY day. Talk to your loved one and make sure that what they are writing in the log is true. Sometimes it is not. The caregivers will put down what they were supposed to do, but that is not always what happened. Sometimes they actually do tell the truth, and it can be shocking. I recommend finding another option besides this company if it is at all possible.

Posted by awatson February 02, 2012
1.0

Was like a revolving door of employees.

Location of Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Statesville, NC

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • In-home health care
  • Range of services extra: hospice, Alzheimer's and other dementias care, chronic conditions

Types of care

• Transportation
  • Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Light housekeeping
  • Meal preparation
  • Errands & grocery shopping

• We have male caregivers/companions

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Get Information