From the Provider
HEAL (Holistic Enrichment of Adult Living) is a non-profit home care agency that offers a unique blend of expert health advocacy and compassionate companion care to seniors and adults with acute/chronic medical conditions. At HEAL, we care for the "whole person". Your plan of care is customized to enhance your overall well-being. Our goal is to support the highest quality of life possible
HEAL Health Advocacy Services: We empower you to effectively navigate the health care system to find the best doctors and get the best treatments available.
Specific Services include:
- Coordinating specialized medical services and facilitating communication across care providers and care settings
- Advocating for you to ensure that you are a competent, knowledgeable partner in your own health care
- Helping with insurance claims and billing problems
- Providing information to help you understand your medical condition, treatments and medications; and
- Assisting with family communication about illness-related issues and decision-making related to advance planning/living wills.
HEAL Companion Caregiving Services: We provide caring, trustworthy and dependable professional caregivers to assist you with activities of daily living and provide respite care and supportive counseling.
Specific Services include:
- Socialization by engaging in conversation, participating in hobbies, baking cookies, reading together, and any other activities you enjoy.
- Assistance with daily living activities. Help with personal care, grocery shopping, errands, transportation to doctors’ and therapy appointments, meal planning/preparation, medication reminders and safety assessment. Whatever you need to enjoy more good days.
Hourly Rate: Varies, Please Call
Assessement Rate: Free
Areas of Practice
Assessment, Placement, Education, Counseling, Referrals, Care Management, Family/Professional Liaison, Homecare Services
Licenses & Certifications
- Member of National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
- ACHPN (Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse)
- PMHCNS(Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse)
- ADVO Connection member
- Member Main Line Chamber of Commerce
Reviews of HEAL (Holistic Enrichment of Adult Living)
Average Rating: based on 2 Reviews
I am a past client of this provider
I've never given a review of any business before but I feel indebted to this company. I feel kind of silly because I have been going from site to site posting a review about HEAL.
After a routine doctor's visit I was told I had breast cancer. I couldn't even understand what the doctor was telling me. I know nothing about cancer. It was overwhelming. I didn't know where to start. I couldn't eat, sleep or think clearly let alone do all the work to figure out how to find the right doctors.
I stumbled upon HEAL's website and decided to give it a try. This turned out to be a blessing; I can't tell you how grateful I am to get such knowledgeable care and help. Dr. Houldin gave me all the information I needed and helped me understand the important questions to ask. Not only did Dr. Houldin recommended the most terrific oncologist, she got me an appointment months earlier than I could have done on my own. Also, she cared so much about me and my family. It's awful going through this illness and treatment, but HEAL made it as manageable as it can possibly be.
My grandfather’s situation was very frustrating: He is partially immobilized because of a stroke, he can’t hear very well and had a hard time knowing and communicating what his needs were. Having multiple doctors and many medications to take, and not knowing who to trust anymore, he spent most of the time in his bedroom because that’s the only place he felt safe. I heard of Heal through a friend and I decided to give Dr. Houldin a call. She was very professional, caring, and easy to talk to. She understood how complicated these situations can get and spoke from her years of experience working with an older population. Dr. Houldin got in touch with my grandmother the next day and was promptly out at my grandparent’s house for a consultation. Dr. Houldin helped my family understand what my grandfather’s needs were as an elder veteran. Amazingly, she was able to get him an appointment with a specialist the next week (while the normal waiting period was 1-2 months) and was able to coordinate his doctor’s appointments. In addition, my grandfather was set up with a reliable older male caregiver who visits on a weekly basis. They get along wonderfully, share similar interests and spend hours in conversation. Thanks to Heal, my grandfather enjoys a renewed quality of life and my family has clarity and peace of mind knowing that his life has been enriched.