Payment Options

From Home Instead Senior Care - Birmingham, MI

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Birmingham, MI

Posted by Wchandler June 14, 2014

The company is accommodating and individualized for each patient's unique needs. The company is committed to ensuring the right fit with client and caregiver. Compassion, Christian, trustworthy, caring, comforting and supportive. I felt I could leave my parents in capable hands. The stress and burden of caring for my loved one was eased. We all felt safe. They truly are the gold standard!

Posted by CatGal June 12, 2014

I tried several other agencies before I found Home Instead. I have never been happier -- dealing with the office and the caregivers has been a great experience. They are very professional and I have recommended them to many friends.

Posted by Mr. W1 March 29, 2014

Susan, Terry and Robyn have all been wonderful! We are completely happy with Robyn. I promised my wife we wouldn't put her in a facility, but she never got well enough to come home. We loved Home Instead while she was at home.

Posted by Erika5 March 24, 2014

Prompt, calming sitters kept watch well. Thank you

Posted by Mrs. R1 March 20, 2014

Jerry was a chauffer, helper, took care of my walker, helped me shopping at Aces, he carried things for me when they got heavy, he was a careful driver, and I enjoyed his company.

Posted by Karen88179550 March 20, 2014
4.0

The caregivers are very calm, soft voiced, efficient and willing to do whatever I ask. They do the laundry.

Posted by Mrs. H2 March 20, 2014

Glenna is super! Her personality, her willingness to help....she is all that! She does all she can for me; all that I need!

Posted by Sue L.1 March 20, 2014
4.0

Everything was fine. We were really happy. All the women were very nice and very helpful. Yes, we would recommend Home Instead!

Posted by Michelle46 March 15, 2014
4.0

They are always willing to do whatever is needed.

Posted by Joan O2 March 15, 2014

Sheila was just fabulous. She offered to do things without me even asking! She even went back home while I was see the doctor to get the flowers I had forgotten to bring to give to the doctor.

Posted by Beth W1 March 15, 2014

Robyn cares for my father, but when mother had a fall this past week, Robyn called me so I could take her to the hospital and have stitches put in. Robyn is very good. She helps with cleaning and is always asking what else she can do.

Posted by Carol M's daughter1 March 15, 2014

Whatever concerns arise in caring for my mother are always addressed together. They are always on top of everything...if one person couldn't get to it, it was usually the GM, and we got everything straightened out.

Posted by Mrs. N1 March 05, 2014
4.0

Pattie does a great job, and I would give her five stars, but we haven't had her here enough times to know if I would call her 'excellent.'. She is very kind and I enjoy her company.

Posted by Joan O1 September 27, 2013

Posted by Mrs. N September 27, 2013

Posted by Carol M's daughter September 27, 2013

Whatever concerns arise in caring for my mother are always addressed together. They are always on top of everything...if one person couldn't get to it, it was usually the guy (Bert, GM) and we got everything straightened out.

Posted by Michelle35 September 27, 2013
4.0

They are always willing to do whatever is needed.

Posted by Mr. W September 27, 2013

Posted by Jsmith1 September 27, 2013

Prompt, calming sitters kept watch well. Thank you

Posted by Mrs. R September 27, 2013

Posted by Mrs. K's daughter, Karen September 27, 2013

Posted by Mrs. H1 September 27, 2013

Posted by Sue L. September 27, 2013
4.0

Everything was fine. We were real happy. All the women were very nice and very helpful. Yes, we would recommend Home Instead!

Posted by Beth W September 27, 2013

Robyn cares for my father, but when mother had a fall this past week, Robyn called me so I could take her to the hospital and have stitches put in. Robin is very good. She helps with cleaning and is always asking what else she can do.

Posted by dblynn August 22, 2013
4.0

My mom is using Home Instead. They do a pretty good job. I liked the little extras they do like paint my mom's fingernails and all the other fun things they do for her and they give her someone to talk to.

Some of their employees though aren't just that reliable. But the company itself is really good at replacing someone if that person can't make it that day to care for my mom. It would be nice though to get the same person every week, but right now they have a schedule for 3 different people for 5 days a week and even then some of those people can't make it so they replace them.

Posted by Joan O August 06, 2013

Sheila was just fabulous. She offered to do things without me even asking! She even went back home while I was seeing the doctor to get the flowers I had forgotten to bring to give to the doctor.

Posted by TomS2012 March 11, 2013

I used them to care for my mother. They were everything advertised. Very impressive company.

Posted by Social Worker # 1 December 26, 2011
4.0

I think that Home Instead Senior Care Services is an excellent choice for individuals that live independently and who prefer to live independently in the privacy of their own homes and that need some additional outside supportive care and assistance for themselves, a friend or a family member. They provide their clients with an array of supportive services and assistance. They provide their clients with personal care and assistance; dressing, grooming, bathing, medications assistance and reminders, meal preparation, transportation to medical appointments, shopping, housekeeping and laundry. Their services are tailored fitted to fit into their clients' individual needs. Their team of Skilled and trained Nurses evaluate and access their clients individual Plans of Care that is needed for them.

They encourage their clients' health and independence to their most maximum levels that is possible for them individually. They provide their clients with a safe and secured environment. Their staff is team and task oriented in their job duties and their job performances as well. They also provide an array of varied hours for their clients to fit their clients' individual needs and that is necessary for them. They provide short and long term visits and care for their clients from 2 hour a day to 24/7 a day on a daily basis. In general, I would have to rank Home Instead Senior Services on a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise in home care providers.

Other Options Nearby

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Birmingham, MI

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Types of care

• Transportation
  • Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Light housekeeping
  • Meal preparation
  • Errands & grocery shopping

• We have male caregivers/companions

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Get Information