Top nearby Hospice Services:

Reviews of Heartland Hospice House of Delaware

Posted by karenhu January 24, 2014

My father was here for about a week before he passed. They were very caring and supportive. They explained all the phases he was going through before he passed. They had a social worker come in and speak to us as well. We did not even think about his funeral or burial. The social worker informed us we could have a military burial for him. They even contacted the veterans administration to have a "pinning" ceremony before he passed. The entire staff was amazing.

Posted by schumarg July 19, 2013

My mother recently spent 12 days at Heartland Hospice in Pike Creek. The care was personal and exceptional. The atmosphere was like being in your own home. I've personally seen many Assisted Living and Nursing Homes, and those with Hospice rooms. The difference is night and day. There is no comparison, there is no other facility within northern Delaware that can be compared to Heartland. I will be forever grateful that her remaining days were spent in an atmosphere of love and caring by the Nurses, CNA's and Doctors.

Posted by SJ47 April 14, 2012
4.0

Sometimes, the place felt a little like a hospital and less like a nice, nurturing home for the elderly, but is overall a pretty good place. We checked out another area for my grandmother, but it was a bit far from our home, and this place was in an area we were familiar with, so we picked it. The nurses were usually very friendly and kind towards me and my grandmother. They always made sure she took her pills when she needed to, even when she complained. They also had a good system of separating the people with a lot of mental deterioration from those who were still mentally fit, like my grandmother. I still passed a couple of people in the hall trying to pull the eyes out of a doll, but my grandmother was never roomed with one of these people. Roommates got switched in and out a bit, but she always got along with them well enough. The whole place felt very sterile whereas the other nursing home I went to see felt more like an old home where lots of older people just happened to live. The location is nice, and very close to several shops and restaurants where we could take my grandmother out for the day. I was not involved with the finances as my mother handled all of that, so I have no comment as to the price of their accommodations. All in all, I think this could be a very good place for people that need a lot of assistance with nurses no more than a few feet away. However, it might feel a little constrictive to elderly people with more mobility and mental stamina.

Posted by Mrs.Maichle May 07, 2011

Interviewed this provider

My husband was a recent patient and sadly he passed within the first 12 hours.I was a total wreck, the staff wasabsolutely the best.My husband passed with dignaty and didn`t suffer.Thank You so much your the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by tmariern February 17, 2011
1.0

Sad

The hospital contacted Heartland Hospital to make them aware of a family member's condition. Advising them he was terminal and didn't have much time. I was contacted by the on call person who said she would be by in the am. She was advised he would more than likely pass that day by me personally. In the am I was notified they would see him soon. He passed away later that morning. She was of advised of this. No one ever came to speak to the family or follow up to offer condolenses or support. When this was addressed with the company I was told information would be sent to me and if support was wanted they would offer it. I never received the information. This has made an already hard situation that much more difficult. I hope no one has to go through the same situation with such a lack of follow through.

Posted by Debbie Waddington November 08, 2009

My loved one stayed here

Words cannot begin to explain the compassion and care the employees of Heartland gave to my loved one,and the family as a whole. Thank You so much

Posted by Thomas Burdge September 01, 2008

My loved one used this service

Spotless facility, comfortable setting, peaceful environment, If you are unable to care for your dying loved one, this is the place to come. Lots of emotional support and constant care for the patient and family. As close to a home setting as is possible.

Other Options Nearby