From the Provider
No other hospice compares to our hospice to address the special needs of the veterans, Rapid response time for patient assessments, Ability to provide care throughout Southern California and multiple states to accommodate out of state referrals., Educational in-services, materials and resources, Exceptional Bereavement Services and meetings throughout entire county, Community partnering, Memory Bears, Large volume of volunteers
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of San Diego Services
- Pet Therapy
- Memory Bears
- Music Therapy
- Healing Touch
- Special Veteran's programs
- Beautician services
- Extensive Volunteer services that are tailored to the needs of the patient
Bereavement classes offered in multiple San Diego County locations (six week series)
Special groups include:
- "Healing grief one step at a time": a walking group that meets on Tuesdays
- "Writing my story of grief: A healing journey" - that meets on Wednesdays
- "Transitions": monthly supportive social group for those who have attended a six week training
- "Coping with Grief during the holidays"
- February: Memory Bear Reunion Lunch
- May: Remembering Mothers
- June: Remembering Fathers
- October: Remembering our Grandparents
- November: A salute to America's Veterans on the USS Midway
- December: Wreaths of Remembrance
- Host Annual Hospice Foundation of America Teleconference
- Host and attend San Diego Bereavement Consortium
- Grief & Loss Support Group for Women Inmates of State Prisons
- Men's Alzheimer Caregiver Support Group
- Facilitate weekly
Reviews of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of San Diego
Average Rating: based on 2 Reviews
I visited this facility
As an independent caregiver, I have visited multiple VITAS facilities in both Los Angeles and in San Diego. Last summer during my visit to San Diego to take care of this particular client, I went to the San Diego location and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
The staff here are very compassionate and understanding about the situation that the client is dealing with. Most elderly stay here during the end-of-life phase, and VITAS has always impressed me with the programs that they provide to both the client and the client's family.
My client in-particular enjoyed card games and bingo. They had a nice area where clients could visit with each other and with their visitors. He had no complaints with the facility or the staff; and seemed to enjoy his stay here very much.
I would highly recommend VITAS to anyone in the LA or San Diego area.
I am a past client of this provider
This organization saved my life as I had been struggling alone with my husband's care. Vitas nurses and care givers came in and assessed his situation and guided me through his final days. They were kind, caring, patient, and took the stress of my husband's care off of me right in our home. I cannot say enough praises about this organization. They were absolutely wonderful! They provided consuling, and grief groups following his passing. It has been one year since my husband passed and I still attend the grief group they have provided, free of charge, as it was wonderful to meet people who were struggling with the same emotions and fears that I was dealing with. My only regret is that I did not call Vitas sooner.
Location of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of San Diego
Features of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of San Diego
- Accredited by: Jewish Hospice Accreditation; Association for Clinical Pastoral Education accredtation