Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Hospice Care of the Northwest

Posted by Happy13 April 27, 2013

Hospice Care of the Northwest is an excellent provider of hospice care and compassion to patients and their families. As stated in another comment, this organization is small enough to be "family" yet large enough to get the job completed well. The RN's, CNA's, Social Workers, Chaplains, and Volunteers all communicate patient/family/facility needs in a positive manner and a smile on their faces! I would recommend Hospice Care of the Northwest over other Portland providers with whom I have had contact through the years- most associated with a hospital system. Bravo! Keep up the *Great work!

Posted by Marmie47 March 21, 2013

My father was under the care of Hospice of the NW from 9/2009-11/2012. I truly believe it was because of their care that my father lived so long, and with a quality of life he wouldn't have had otherwise. The whole team was very caring, and the chaplain performed his memorial service, which was one of the best I had ever attended. They loved my father and my father loved them.

Posted by loveprevails January 06, 2012
1.0

We have had a extremly poor relationship with this hospice. The R.N's we have been in contact with are VERY rude and don't listen. They spend more time with other people and not the patient. This is a very unprofessional organization and I would not refer anyone to them. Please save yourself the frustration and hearbreak...look elsewhere.

Posted by areensee December 12, 2010

Small Enough to Know Your Name; Big Enough to Get the Job Done!

Did you know that if you require hospice care, you have the right to choose your own hospice agency? Medicare gives you this right. Your doctor may recommend a particular agency, but you have the final say! You can also easily change agencies if you are dissatisfied or move out of your agency's service area. Hospice Care of the Northwest is an independent agency providing hospice care to patients in a variety of facilities and at home.The service areas are the Portland, OR metro region, and the Salem, OR metro region Because the company is smaller than many, all staff members know each other and communicate with one another on a regular basis. What this means is that from the office staff to the Case Managers, the Social Workers, Chaplains, to the Nursing Assistants and volunteers; everyone is "on the same page". This also means that all staff members understand the importance of being team players. From HCNW, you can expect an amazing level of attentiveness, response, and always in an atmosphere of caring and professional conduct. I whole heartedly recommend this agency to anyone who needs hospice care.

Location of Hospice Care of the Northwest