From the Provider
At Evercare Hospice & Palliative Care, we believe everyone deserves dignity and freedom from pain at end-of-life. That's why we offer patients and their loved ones the comfort and support they need during the hardest of times. It's more care, not less. And it's delivered wherever the patient lives.
Unlike many hospice programs, Evercare provides the following services:
- Access to care. Patients can often continue the therapies they need, including radiation, palliative care, chemotherapy and other treatments.
- Involved Physicians. Our expert hospice and palliative care physicians regularly see patients and are available for direct patient care.
- Personalized care plan. Built around each patient's own needs and wishes in order to improve their quality of life.
- Inclusive care. Care is centered around the whole family - patient, caregivers, family and loved ones - including 13 months of bereavement care.
- Innovative palliative services. Special care for non-hospice patients who want to continue aggressive treatments aimed at curing their advanced illness.
- Team approach. Includes patients' primary care physician plus a hospice physician, nurses, certified aides, trained volunteers, clergy, social workers and others as needed.
- Part of UnitedHealthcare: A leader in treatment of patients with advanced illnesses.
Reviews of Evercare Hospice & Palliative Care
Average Rating: based on 2 Reviews
I am a current client of this provider
We are currently using Evercare Hospice and Palliative Care to provide Hospice services to our parent. The initial few months of care were satisfactory, however as we reach the last few weeks of life, the quality of care leaves a lot to be desired. Our parent reached a point last week were they were in a great deal of discomfort. I called numerous times to try to get some comfort for the patient and was met with slow and ineffective results. For 4 days (Tuesday - Friday) our parent suffered great discomfort until the weekend nurse arrived on Saturday morning. Within 45 minutes she had diagnosed the situation, contacted the doctor and made the correct changes to the medications. From that point forward, our parent was finally comfortable. When the regular nurse arrived again on Monday, with only days left in our parent's life, the first thing she said to us was "I see THEY finally got the meds straightened out". This is the nurse that had been assigned to our parent from the beginning! It actually took the weekend nurse to "get the meds straightened out". Our regular nurse appears to be much more concerned with her personal life that with her professional life, as dealing with the needs of her children appear to take precedence over the needs of her patients. Even today, when she arrived to visit our parent, she did not measure any vital signs or even touch our dying parent . She stayed about 15 minutes then said that she had to pick up her child. As we only have days, if not hours left we did not change companies. I would encourage anyone looking for Hospice support to seek a different supplier.
I am a past client of this provider
I love Evercare. The staff of Evercare are exceptional. They came with a total package. They have a chaplain, nurses, and have a social worker who comes in. They had more than one resource to come in. They were the first one to teach us how to make things really easier.
At first, we were just dealing with this entire thing like an on the job trainee. But when Evercare came in, they taught us how to handle a lot of things. After working with us for 4 months, it was determined that mom was really, really okay. She maintains she isn't bad enough health-wise quite just yet. They do call us periodically to check up on us like a family, but mom is not all the way ready for hospice yet. She actually improved and got better.