Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Calvary Hospital Hospice

Posted by miss scarlet April 18, 2013
1.0

my dear friend was in calvary for six days. They kept her so doped up she could barely communicate. I asked that she be changed but before of shift changes she was left sitting in her own waste for well over an hour.They rob you of your dignity there.

Posted by Rita9 April 12, 2013

Calvary was excellent. The staff was very good. The nurse came to my house to take care of my husband 3 times a week, 4 hours a day. She was like a member of our family. My husband was very comfortable with her.

Posted by ruffles November 28, 2012

For seven years, I have watched my father suffer from severe dementia and advanced Parkinson, leading to a gangrenous foot a month ago. Like a knight out of Camelot, Calvery emerged upon the issuance of the blessed "hospice order". From the moment Calvary was called, the quest for compassionate end-care arrived with impeccable professionalism, responsiveness and the recognition that pain is unacceptable. The nurse, Fenola, was spot-on and ensured that any break-through pain would be responded to promptly. He died at peace in the wee 4:00am hour on Thanksgiving. Generally, Thanksgiving is not a convenient day to die. You end up apologizing all day for ruining peoples' Thanksgiving morning, particularly to women who were cooking. Moreover, if one is Jewish, the requirement of a quick burial is nerve racking. The Calvary hospice nurse who came to announce my father's death was so calm and showed such genuine concern for us, that once again, I had to apologize for having this happen on Thanksgiving morning. Suffice it to say that I would highly recommend Calvary for compassionate end care. Indeed, that's the way I would choose to go.

Posted by Caring390819 July 30, 2011

Mu uncle stayed in this hospice when his chemo treatments were no longer working for his advanced colon cancer. I visited him several times during his 2.5 weeks stay there. The hospice was also kept very spotless, the staff made me feel welcomed, nothing was ever rushed. Care was given properly and we were able to have numerous visitors and even held a small 8 people church prayer with my uncle in his bed, without any complaints from any staff members. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and everyone, I've never been to another place that I was so impressed by the presentation and quality of treatment. My uncle couldn't really eat anything so I can't really comment on the food. While being there I also saw lot's of family members visiting their loved ones. None of the staff ever gave us any problems or questioned us but they were available if and when we needed them. The Calvary Hospital definitely made my uncle's stay as comfortable as can be.

Location of Calvary Hospital Hospice