Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Hospice of South Central Indiana

Hospice of South Central Indiana has provided quality comfort, care and compassion to residents of Indiana for over 30 years. We are a not-for-profit, community-based program providing services to individuals with an advanced illness in a 15 county area in south central Indiana. Hospice of South Central Indiana provides care for anyone in our service area whose doctor has indicated that their medical condition is no longer responding to treatment. This includes persons residing in a home, long term care facility, or assisted living facility. We also have a 14-bed Hospice Inpatient Facility located in Columbus, Indiana for acute care or respite for caregivers.

Hospice of South Central Indiana provides care to all who need and want it, regardless of race, religion, age, color, gender, physical or mental handicaps, or the ability to pay. As a resident of south central Indiana, you are qualified for and deserving of hospice services. Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance cover services provided by your community hospice. As a not-for-profit organization, services not covered are funded through memorial and private donations, foundations and grants, the United Way and United Fund.

Hospice of South Central Indiana professionals and volunteers are specially trained and dedicated to provide skilled medical and supportive care 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Our services include physician-directed pain and symptom management, medications for the advanced illness, medical equipment and supplies, Registered Nurses on call, Home Health Aides to assist with personal care, relief for caregivers as needed, therapies, patient and family education, and 13 month bereavement follow-up.

Reviews of Hospice of South Central Indiana

Average Rating: 4.0 based on 1 Review

Hospice of South Central Indiana
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Extremely Concerned December 25, 2011
4.0

I am giving this Hospice center a rating of four! I so wish I could give them a Five-Star Rating. My relative has been a client with the center since early summer and we are blessed for him lived as long as he has. We believe he has lived a full life in part because of the wonderful care we have given and received from this Hospice center. However as you know one bad apple can rot the entire bag. Currently, there is a temporary nursing supervisor over the department which refused to send a health care professional on Christmas Eve to help with our relative who was somewhat combative. I would in no way expect or put any of the staffing with the Hospice program in harms way nor would we want to ruin any on-call nurse's holiday. However, when this has happened in the past Hospice would dispatch an on-call nurse who would come to the home and help us with calming him down and it would work. I think the refusal to send anyone to assist in large part was because it was the Holiday. However, the temporary supervisor argued with me over the phone, insisted that I the client was the one doing arguing and then called my relative, who suffers from Alzheimer's, crazy. This nursing supervisor explained she had talked with her supervisor about the situation and they agreed the would not send anyone to the home to help with my father this evening. When I requested the name of her supervisor, so I could discuss our side of the chain of events that happened this evening, This temporary nursing supervisor told me she was done and hung up the phone. I have never seen anyone with this center be "insensitive or act unprofessional until now. Therefore, you could imagine my disbelief. Overall, this has been an awesome program for our relative. 99 percent of the staff has been Excellent. I recommend and would love to continue to recommend the program to others. However, I do remain extremely concerned about the current temporary nursing supervisor's behavior, decision making process and refusal to release the name of her supervisor. I am also concerned about how the nursing supervisor's treatment of the programs' clients' relatives will reflect on the overall program in the Future.

Location of Hospice of South Central Indiana