Top nearby Hospice Services:

About Ahava Hospice, Inc.

Ahava Hospice, Inc. is a hospice care provider serving Columbia, SC and the surrounding area. Ahava Hospice, Inc. offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.

Reviews of Ahava Hospice, Inc.

Average Rating: 5.0 based on 1 Review

Ahava Hospice, Inc.
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Sheryl4 December 02, 2013

The only hospice we have ever had with mother is Ahava and I would highly recommend them. They are now offering more than they ever had before. They help me with some of the supplies and they also offer some companionship hours so it will give me a little break. They are very good.

A CNA who bathes my mother lives about 18 miles away from us and she's like family. She calls my mother Mama. She bathes Mother and loves to spend time with her. I know a lot about her family and she knows a lot about us because of communication. She looks forward to come and to take care of my mom. I know when she is bathing my mother that she's getting quality care. It's like we're their extended family or they're our extended family. I can't say enough about Ahava.

They have people spread out all over and the girl that's the primary nurse lives in Florence, she's 45 miles away from us but she's always accessible by phone if I have any questions. They have a hotline, too, if you have problems so there's somebody available all the time to walk you through anything or to help you with any questions you might have. She's real friendly and she'll sit down and talk with my mom a few minutes and wants to know how she's doing. She'll watch a game show with my Mama before she proceeds to bathing her or washing her or whatever it is she's doing for her. She is almost like a family member and that makes it a whole lot easier with an Alzheimer's or dementia patient. She eases her into the process and that's very critical.

Location of Ahava Hospice, Inc.

About Hospice Services