Top nearby Home Health Agencies:

From BrightStar Healthcare

BrightStar Healthcare is the premier provider of both non-medical and skilled nursing in home care. We offer transportation, companion/sitter services, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders and administration, would care and much more. All of our nurses are fully insured and bonded. Call us 24/7 for more information at 678-290-7827.

Reviews of BrightStar Healthcare

Average Rating: 5.0 based on 1 Review

BrightStar Healthcare
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Carol R November 18, 2011

My Dad has had in-home care for several years as he has become less and less able to do things for himself like cooking and dressing. He has low vision from glaucoma and macular degeneration as well as moderate Alzheimer's. I searched home help agencies and liked what others said about Brightstar which has franchises in many areas. I interviewed the owner and the person who assigns caregivers, a former registered nurse in this franchise, and was very impressed with her manner both with me and my Dad, and her thoroughness. The price in my area was $16 per hour with no minimum number of hours per day or week.

What's useful to know is that the more hours you need, the more likely you are to get the best caregivers and keep them. Although we did not have anyone who was unqualified, some were better fits for my Dad's needs than others, especially in cultural background and temperament. Don't be shy about telling the agency you'd like to try someone else if you're not entirely happy. We tried 5 or 6 caregivers before settling on 2, one for weekdays and one for weekends. I now use them for fill-in because I've hired a full-time caregiver who works directly for us.

Location of BrightStar Healthcare