From the Provider
Do You Need the Assistance of a Geriatric Care Manager?
If you need assistance with an aging loved one, BJB Geriatric Services founded in 1990 by Barbara J. Bridges, R.N., M.S.N., M.S.H.C.M., M.B.A., offers a complete array of elder care services in the greater Seattle metropolitan area.
Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, and Memory Care a Specialty
Barbara Bridges specializes in serving those with dementia causing diseases, but competently serves anyone with elder care needs. She became interested in dementia care concerns while caring for both of her parents who developed dementia as they aged. Ms. Bridges is the author of Therapeutic Caregiving: A Practical Guide for Caregivers of Persons with Alzheimer’s and Other Dementia Causing Diseases.
Care Management Services Include:
- Providing a comprehensive geriatric nursing assessment of the physical and mental capabilities of your loved one, including cognitive testing, and home safety evaluation
- Completing a detailed written report of evaluation findings and recommendations for treatment and/or nursing care
- Providing ongoing care management services with an emphasis on furnishing care for those who wish to keep their loved ones at home with private skilled caregivers personally trained and supervised by Ms. Bridges
- Referring to financial, elder law, and other professionals as needed.
If you are seeking unsurpassed care management services, please call or e-mail Ms. Bridges to set up your appointment for a FREE 30 minute telephone consultation.
Areas of Practice
Assessment, Placement, Education, Counseling, Referrals, Care Management, Family/Professional Liaison, Homecare Services
Licenses & Certifications
Reviews of BJB Geriatric Services, Barbara J. Bridges, RN, MSN, MSHCM, MBA
Average Rating: based on 1 Review
I am a past client of this provider
I hired Barbara Bridges a little over a year after my long-time partner was diagnosed with dementia. She worked with us for close to four years - until my partner's death at home. My only wish is that I had found her right after dementia was diagnosed. She enabled us to give the very best care at home, which meant to world to me. She provided on-going evaluation/assessment, close supervision of caregivers, worked with medical staff and managed medications. She excels in managing difficult day-to-day care aspects of dementia. My own learning curve was extensive and her coaching and teaching aided me in changing my behavior/conversation to be helpful to my partner during his decline. I have recommended Barbara Bridges to many others.
Location of BJB Geriatric Services, Barbara J. Bridges, RN, MSN, MSHCM, MBA
Features of BJB Geriatric Services, Barbara J. Bridges, RN, MSN, MSHCM, MBA
Licenses & Certifications
- Member of National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers