Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Vi at Silverstone

Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community in north Scottsdale, features an 18-hole putting course and salt-filtered pools, and is located near the renowned Mayo Clinic. A Type A continuing care retirement community, Vi at Silverstone is part of a 165-acre master-planned community on the former site of the Rawhide Western Town.

HOW IT WORKS

At Vi at Silverstone your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 25 floor plans - many with extraordinary mountain views. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.

SERVICES AND AMENITIES

There are a number of services and amenities available to residents at Vi at Silverstone, including:

• Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping of your home and laundering of linens and towels
  • Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared by our culinary team
  • Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
  • Valet parking services in our garage for your vehicle
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
  • Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
  • Reading areas stocked with current magazines and best-selling books
  • The Rawhide Room for lectures, community meetings, musical performances and dances
  • Card room, movie theater, and social spaces throughout
  • Fully enclosed dog park on-site, complete with gated enclosure and a drinking fountain for dogs
  • Wellness Center staffed Monday through Friday by a registered nurse available for confidential health consult
  • State of the art fitness center includes TechnoGym® equipment, treadmills, recumbent bicycles, cross training
  • Fitness instruction and classes, including Tai Chi, Zumba and weight training
  • Heated salt-filtered outdoor and indoor pools for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and rela
  • USGA putting greens maintained by Vi's grounds team
Community services and amenities are subject to change.

Reviews of Vi at Silverstone

Posted by Marjorie10 October 31, 2013

Silverstone is a bit more expensive and a bit more luxurious. We just didn't want to go that far though it's closer to us. They have a full range of facilities and activities.

Posted by Helping Hands Kathy November 20, 2012

The staff were very caring and kind to the residents, very patient. I was a caregiver part time for 2 of the residents. The food was delicious, the living areas, community areas, and their apartments were clean, bright, and cheerful.

Posted by Nicholas Panza October 01, 2011

The facility is nice, though the layout is quite confusing, it took me about a month of weekly visits to find my way around so I worry about the residents, especially new residents. The facility is large and spacious so the residents have a lot of room, but I have heard them complain that everything is too spread out and it takes long for them to walk to different areas of the facility. This one resident has to use a walker everywhere he goes and he says that it takes him forever, he said he is planning on getting a motorized chair so he can easily zip through the hallways. The facility is decorated very nicely though, it is very open and bright. All of the windows make the facility seem very cheerful.

There are quite a few things in the facility that the residents can do to keep busy. They do activities with the residents everyday and there's also activity rooms and a library. There are TV's and computers and an art studio which is kind of neat. There is also an 18-hole putting green which the residents really enjoy. My favorite part is the indoor pool, it is very big and it's nice that the residents can use it year-round. There are also a lot of classes and clubs for the residents to partake in and the staff plan some pretty cool field trips for the residents. Most of the residents like to be active so there are things to keep them busy every day.

I have spoke with each resident at one time or another and I make it a point to introduce myself to new people as they move in. They always say nice things about the staff, they tell me that the staff are very helpful and they are always making sure that the residents are comfortable and that they have everything they need. I have sat and watched the staff with the residents many times. They are usually very friendly and I like that they approach the residents to see if they need anything instead of the residents always having to go up to them for help. They will sit and talk with the residents about their day and catch up on their lives, they seem to be very close to the residents. I have also seen that when the staff become really busy, while they don't spend as much individualized attention with each resident, they are still very nice and professional, they don't become all flustered and stressed out and I have never seen them take the chaos out on the residents. For the most part, they all seem to work very well under pressure. The apartments and facility is usually very clean and the residents are always bathed and have are clean-cut. .

There are many choices for mealtimes at this facility. They offer casual dining to fine dining and the food is always served hot. I have seen some of the dishes that come out of the kitchen and they really look like meals you would see in a fancy restaurant, only the portions are bigger! They have this demonstration kitchen where the chef will teach the residents about easy and nutritious meals they could make themselves and the residents love it. They also have cooking classes and cooking activities all of the time. The is this outdoor eating area that can be used for a private family dinner, it is so cool. It reminds me of an outdoor picnic area you would see in a vineyard. It is semi-covered with ceiling fans for added comfort. You are surrounded by beautiful flowers and greenery, it is a great place for families to celebrate special days. Kids love eating out there and they are able to run around outside while the adults socialize.

I am always happy to visit Vi at Silverstone, the residents overall are always happy and the staff is friendly. I have had many families tell me that the staff is very easy to talk to and get along with and they always call and inform the family of their loved one's status. The facility costs quite a bit more than other facilities I have seen that are just as nice, so I think that potential residents and families need to figure out is the amenities, services, and quality of care is right for them. I do recommend Vi all of the time because it is a great facility and it is one of the easiest facilities I frequent because there are very few problems and I rarely hear residents voice complaints about the staff or the facility, so I think it is definitely worth your time to take a look!

Location of Vi at Silverstone

Features of Vi at Silverstone

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 3,150