From the Provider
Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, is an upscale Type A continuing care retirement community located in north Scottsdale, Arizona. Part of a 165-acre, master-planning community, Vi at Silverstone features an 18-hole putting course and walking trails. The community is also located across the street from the Appalossa Public Library.
The community is ranked in the top 10 for Independent/Assisted Living in Ranking Arizona's "The Best of Arizona Business." With a wide variety of distinctive amenities, fine dining, lifestyle activities, and a continuum of care, Vi at Silverstone is committed to providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of older adults.
At Vi at Silverstone your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 25 one bedroom, two bedroom, two bedroom plus den or freestanding villa floor plans "“ many with extraordinary mountain views. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.
The Vi family of communities consists of 10 continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) located in six states across the U.S. In 2012 we celebrated our 25th anniversary as a developer, owner and operator of residential communities for older adults. We also maintain a commitment to financial stability at all of our locations, and with our final construction loan paid off in 2011, all CCRCs are now free of third party debt.
Levels of Care
Our on-campus Care Center offers a residential setting with the reassurance of care that you won't find at home. Staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by licensed nurses and other dedicated caregivers the Vi at Silverstone Care Center provides three levels of continuing care: Assisted Living, Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing Care.
We deliver a continuum of short- and long-term care where every level of care is intended to respect residents' privacy and promote personal dignity. Here, the vibrant surroundings, engaged social network, and broad range of specialized services are all designed with the physical, emotional, and social needs of our residents in mind.
- Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
- Building maintenance
- Lawn care and landscaping
- Weekly light housekeeping of your home
- Weekly laundering of linens and towels
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning services available at an extra charge
- Healthful meals developed for the nutritional needs and flavor preferences of older adults
- Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared using seafood and produce delivered six days a week, and locally sourced foods when possible
- Foods prepared by chefs who have received customized training provided by the Culinary Institute of America on nutrition, healthy cooking and baking techniques, flavor dynamics, and food and wine pairing
- Dining program oversight provided by our certified dietary manager and our certified executive chef
- Desserts prepared from scratch by our pastry chef
- Carefully selected wine list
- Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
- Fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors
- Catering available for private parties and events at an additional cost
Parking and Transportation
- Valet parking services in our garage for your vehicle
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
- National Bank of Arizona branch banking services offered Monday through Friday
- Safe deposit box available at an additional charge
- Notary public available by appointment
Salon and Spa
- Thomas Salon with full spa menu of services including cut and color, styling, manicure and pedicure, and massage
- Salon and spa services available at an additional charge
- Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
- Philips Lifeline® alert system in each residence
- Reading areas stocked with current magazines and best-selling books
- Computer room with Wi-Fi
- Meeting room for book clubs and reading groups
- Vision aids for reading, including a selection of audio books, large-type books, and an electronic magnifier
- Aqua Dolce, a fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors and fine wines
- The Rawhide Room for lectures, community meetings, musical performances and dances
- Card room
- Movie theater
- Social spaces throughout
- Gardens and landscaped walkways
- Community longview gardens
- Outdoor fireplaces and patios
- Fully enclosed dog park on-site, complete with gated enclosure and a drinking fountain for dogs
- Community is part of a greater 165-acre, master-planned area that includes parks and recreational space
- Pets 30 pounds and under are welcome
- Comfortable hotel-like rooms available by reservation for overnight guests at an additional cost
- Suite amenities include expanded digital cable, Wi-Fi, small refrigerator, hairdryer, and ironing board
- Staffed Monday through Friday by a registered nurse available for confidential health consultation and a 24 hour on-call nurse line staffed by the Mayo Clinic
- Scheduled routine health screenings and weekly laboratory services including venipuncture
- Scheduled visits from medical professionals including physical therapists, audiologists, and podiatrists
- Care coordinated with your personal physician
- Access to health care resources and classes
- State of the art TechnoGym® equipment including treadmills, recumbent bicycles, cross training machines, weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
- Fitness instruction and classes, including Tai Chi, Zumba and weight training
- On-site fitness coordinator
Pool and Whirlpool
- Heated salt-filtered outdoor and indoor pools for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
- Therapeutic whirlpool
- Locker and shower facilities
18-hole Putting Green
- USGA putting greens maintained by Vi's grounds team
- 4 miles of paved walking trails on campus
- Choice of 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom plus den, 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom plus den, or freestanding villa floor plans
- Cable and phone ready
- Emergency call system
- Kitchen and dining area
- Temperature control
- Patio/balcony on all units
Lifestyle opportunities include:
- Cultural outings
- Book and special interest clubs
- Celebrations and socials
- Fitness classes for all levels and interests
Community services and amenities are subject to change.
Reviews of Vi at Silverstone
Average Rating: based on 3 Reviews
I visited this facility
Silverstone is a bit more expensive and a bit more luxurious. We just didn't want to go that far though it's closer to us. They have a full range of facilities and activities.
I visited this facility
The staff were very caring and kind to the residents, very patient. I was a caregiver part time for 2 of the residents. The food was delicious, the living areas, community areas, and their apartments were clean, bright, and cheerful.
The facility is nice, though the layout is quite confusing, it took me about a month of weekly visits to find my way around so I worry about the residents, especially new residents. The facility is large and spacious so the residents have a lot of room, but I have heard them complain that everything is too spread out and it takes long for them to walk to different areas of the facility. This one resident has to use a walker everywhere he goes and he says that it takes him forever, he said he is planning on getting a motorized chair so he can easily zip through the hallways. The facility is decorated very nicely though, it is very open and bright. All of the windows make the facility seem very cheerful.
There are quite a few things in the facility that the residents can do to keep busy. They do activities with the residents everyday and there's also activity rooms and a library. There are TV's and computers and an art studio which is kind of neat. There is also an 18-hole putting green which the residents really enjoy. My favorite part is the indoor pool, it is very big and it's nice that the residents can use it year-round. There are also a lot of classes and clubs for the residents to partake in and the staff plan some pretty cool field trips for the residents. Most of the residents like to be active so there are things to keep them busy every day.
I have spoke with each resident at one time or another and I make it a point to introduce myself to new people as they move in. They always say nice things about the staff, they tell me that the staff are very helpful and they are always making sure that the residents are comfortable and that they have everything they need. I have sat and watched the staff with the residents many times. They are usually very friendly and I like that they approach the residents to see if they need anything instead of the residents always having to go up to them for help. They will sit and talk with the residents about their day and catch up on their lives, they seem to be very close to the residents. I have also seen that when the staff become really busy, while they don't spend as much individualized attention with each resident, they are still very nice and professional, they don't become all flustered and stressed out and I have never seen them take the chaos out on the residents. For the most part, they all seem to work very well under pressure. The apartments and facility is usually very clean and the residents are always bathed and have are clean-cut. .
There are many choices for mealtimes at this facility. They offer casual dining to fine dining and the food is always served hot. I have seen some of the dishes that come out of the kitchen and they really look like meals you would see in a fancy restaurant, only the portions are bigger! They have this demonstration kitchen where the chef will teach the residents about easy and nutritious meals they could make themselves and the residents love it. They also have cooking classes and cooking activities all of the time. The is this outdoor eating area that can be used for a private family dinner, it is so cool. It reminds me of an outdoor picnic area you would see in a vineyard. It is semi-covered with ceiling fans for added comfort. You are surrounded by beautiful flowers and greenery, it is a great place for families to celebrate special days. Kids love eating out there and they are able to run around outside while the adults socialize.
I am always happy to visit Vi at Silverstone, the residents overall are always happy and the staff is friendly. I have had many families tell me that the staff is very easy to talk to and get along with and they always call and inform the family of their loved one's status. The facility costs quite a bit more than other facilities I have seen that are just as nice, so I think that potential residents and families need to figure out is the amenities, services, and quality of care is right for them. I do recommend Vi all of the time because it is a great facility and it is one of the easiest facilities I frequent because there are very few problems and I rarely hear residents voice complaints about the staff or the facility, so I think it is definitely worth your time to take a look!
Location of Vi at Silverstone
Features of Vi at Silverstone
- We charge an entry fee
- Lowest monthly rate: 3,020
- Entry fee amount: 206,900