From the Provider
An Active, Engaging Retirement Community for Independent Seniors in San Francisco
Located in the heart of San Francisco's cultural corridor, The Sequoias "“ San Francisco, an accredited Life Care Community, is city living at its best. Designed to promote an active and engaging retirement for independent seniors, The Sequoias is only moments away from the Symphony, Ballet, Opera and Asian Art Museum. No wonder San Francisco is considered one of the world's greatest cities. The Sequoias "“ San Francisco is city living at its best.
A Life Care Community of NCPHS
Our Life Care plan promotes an engaged lifestyle while providing access to quality medical care, including on-site physicians, emergency response, assisted living, and skilled nursing. All of these services are included in the one-time entrance fee and ongoing monthly fees. The Life Care Advantage
Life Care means you can stay on-site and receive increasing levels of care, even as your health needs change. Under the Life Care Agreement you can move from your apartment to a higher level of care in the community without an increase in your monthly fee. Life Care assists you in controlling your health care costs and provides a sense of security for your future
Fee Schedule and Amenities Life Care
|Apartment Size||Single Occupancy Entrance Fee||Double Occupancy Entrance Fee||Single Occupancy Monthly Fees||Double Occupancy Monthly Fees|
The following Services and Amenities are included in this agreement
- Full Service Dining or Buffet (One or Three Meal Plan)
- Carry-out Service Available
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Service
Fitness and Wellness
- Fitness Center
- Wellness Lectures and Programs
- Exercise and Balance Classes
- Two Levels of Enclosed Gardens and Walking Areas
- Educational Programs
- Art Gallery with Receptions
- Rooms for Art, Games, and Billiard
- Sewing and Woodworking Shop
- 22 Person Van for Outings 5 Days a Week
- Gift Shop
- 5,000+ Volume Library
- DVDs, Monthly Magazines, and Daily Newspapers
- Beauty Salon for Men and Women
Other Services and Amenities
- 24-hour Emergency Call System in Each Apartment
- Individually Controlled Thermostats
- Enclosed Parking (additional fee)
- Digital TV Screens with Daily Activities (also Broadcast on Channel 11 in Apartments)
Accredited Life Care Continuum:
- Hospitalization Coverage
- Physician On-Site Monday"“Friday a.m.
- Skilled Nursing
- On-site Nursing Services and Clinic
- Rehabilitation Center On-Site (may have additional fee)
- Assisted Living Apartments
Reviews of The Sequoias
Average Rating: based on 1 Review
I visited this facility
I've had both clients and friends at The Sequoias (a continuing care retirement community), and I've found that they deal with all levels of care well. The staff is very good. There always seems to be someone around; all needs are well covered by knowledgeable people. One couple I know, in particular, told me that they were independent when they moved in but the husband's health has declined a lot, and the staff has been very helpful to them through that transition.
It's centrally located on Geary Blvd. on Cathedral Hill, with about 15 churches of all faiths around it. Walking is easy, and bus lines are good. Parking can be difficult, but I've always found space on the street without having to put money in a meter.
The apartments range from small studios to large suites. There's good lighting, and they're nicely laid out. The building itself is a tower, and most of the apartments have good views.
The food is very, very good. There are a lot of buffet choices, as well as the ability to order from a menu.
There's also an active residents council, which is good. It's a very active, involved community. In addition to all the scheduled activities--a large choice that appeals to different interests--the residents do a lot on their own. Small groups get together to walk to the library or to go to theater performances, for example. There's a nice sense of community.