Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Mennonite Village

Posted by Rick23 June 19, 2014

Mennonite Village was very nice. It was open to everybody regardless of faith. The price was also within my budget. It was a very big complex. They had a lake at the place, and it had a nice view. They had everything from memory care to assisted living apartments to individual homes. Some places call them cottages, but these were smaller homes and they had garages.

Posted by Caring9101 August 15, 2013

We stayed at Mennonite Village because they had everything that we needed. All the steps that we needed were here. My wife and I had our own home and did our own cooking. They did the gardening. The staff were very accommodating and the food was very good. They had a bus that took you wherever you wanted to go. I would very much recommend it to others.

Posted by CaresForElders January 21, 2012
4.0

I am an in-home care provider for the elderly. As with previous jobs, the lovely people I was working for decided that the time had come to move into a residential situation with a higher level of care. I was sad to see them go but fully understood the decision. These people had been fully ambulatory and active members of their church community until an aneurysm left the husband in a nearly vegetative state. Their church was very helpful in assisting us with caring for him but soon afterward, possibly due to sadness or stress, the wife began to decline in health as well. Mennonite Village was suggested by several members of their parish who came to visit. Not only would their physical needs be met, but their spiritual devotion and way of life could be upheld. In the process of moving them over to a lovely apartment in Quail Run I was able to interact with several members of the staff who would now be caring for them. Each of them, from the nurses to the household staff, were eager to consult with me about the specifics of their day to day living to make the transition as seamless as possible. I have never encountered this before. Meal preferences, housekeeping habits, prayer schedules and general day to day living was inquired about. I had been caring for them daily, for over a year, and truly believe that Mennonite village and their staff will uphold my former client's dignity and quality of life. The approach at this facility is very faith based, although they will provide care to persons of any belief. The apartment looked new and perfectly clean. There was a small leak in the kitchenette sink that we were assured would be taken care of immediately, and it was. The grounds around Quail Run were pretty and well manicured. I'm sure that come spring the sitting and prayer gardens will be full of beautiful flowers. Some of the homes in the independent living portion of Mennonite Village seemed run down and less taken care of, though I suppose that could be more of a reflection of the people living in them then the facility itself. I am giving Mennonite Village four stars because of the quality of the apartments, attention to detail when it comes to care, accessibility to services and prayer meetings for religious residents, and the generally happy faces of the other residents I met during my short transitional time there. I did not do much research into social or wellness programs as my clients did not seem interested in these, but I was told that there are several very active senior groups in residence and that they enjoyed a wide variety of activities.

Posted by Me2andyou December 07, 2011

The Mennonite Village has been running for 60 plus years. I recently visited my Grandmother who lives in the full care home. The campus is split into assisted-care and a full care nursing home. Many of the homes are like cottages and purchased by the residents. They have call buttons in their homes they can push if they need assistance. The grounds are kept up by a large maintenance crew. All the shrubs and trees are pruned to the finest detail. Thousands of beautiful flowers are also on the menu for your eyes to feast on. You will find beautiful fountains running throughout the grounds on the campus also. The campus is split into two sides, Quail Run and Mennonite Home. Both have dining areas for all residents. They serve 3 meals per day for residents and visitors at set times throughout the day. They also have a traditional restaurant on the Mennonite home side where you can get food to order, like any other restaurant. The staff are super friendly and well qualified. From food to a hair salon they really have it all!

Posted by Debbie2 November 17, 2011

I employed the in-home service of the facility for my Great Aunts care. They were very dependable and well trained to take care of my Aunt. I have also visited several residents of the Village in various stages of their living arrangements. They offer many wonderful events and a beautiful complex. You can tell employees love their jobs.

I also had a mother in a facility for Memory Care in Albany. Timberwood Memory Care Center.

Location of Mennonite Village