Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Lions Gate

Posted by Caring LG June 30, 2014

We are staying in Lions Gate. We're in their independent living facility. There is also an assisted living facility here. It is a continuing care facility. The environment, accommodation, and the services of the staff are wonderful. My husband and I are very happy here.

Posted by Cleoa September 25, 2013
1.0

Not enough immediate staff for my relative needs - often more than 30 minutes. Constant yelling. Pretty facility but low compassion.

Posted by Harold1 June 02, 2012
4.0

Our search for a retirement community is very complicated like the story of love. It's not an easy decision to make. First of all we like our home. Secondly we have certain criteria like we want the retirement community near to our doctors and still continue to see these doctors. Another is my wife would like to have a place where there's a pool that she can use almost on a daily basis. We visited Lions Gate twice and they meet most of our criteria. It is close to my wife's doctors and close to where she buys her food. She's a vegetarian and she wants to have organic food if possible. Lions Gate is mostly populated by Jewish people. We are not Jewish but we felt that the environment there is good. The problem is the apartments are situated in a large building and most people have to take a motorized car if they need to go to the people and other areas and my wife is embarrassed about that. She loves going to the pool and it's not easy to do. Their apartments though are large and I like that. They vary from one to two bedrooms and a den I believe. We would need two bedrooms or a room with a large den. The have full sized kitchen and laundry- these two are very very important for my wife. As far as the apartments are concerned, we don't have any issues. The problem is logistics-wise in getting from place to place. And this is also the same problem we have with the other facility that we looked at. We are still undecided about going to a retirement community. When you've reached almost the end of your life, this is one of the enormous decisions to make. There are so many factors involved. But if ever we are already decided to go, this is surely one of the places that we would like to stay.

Location of Lions Gate