Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Sandhill Cove

Posted by Caring86873650 June 19, 2014
4.0

I thought Sandhill Cove was very nice, and we were very impressed with it. The staff was wonderful. They were great. We ate a meal there, and it was very good. I thought the facility and the people were nice. The only criticism that I had was the availability of the rooms was very limited, maybe because it was so popular. You pretty much had to go to a two-bedroom or one-bedroom unit and then wait until something became available that you liked better. It was expensive because they had continuing care.

Posted by Caring72338950 October 30, 2013

It's been a year and a half now since I'm living at Sandhill Cove and I'm pretty satisfied here. The staff are great and they have a best food in the world. They do have activities, but I don't participate with them; I have my own.

Posted by tponeil July 06, 2012

The place is phenomenal. If I could live there I would. The residents live in their own apartments or houses. It is independent living, with the option of assisted living amenities if needed, along with a fully staffed medical facility with ties to several local hospitals and hospice centers.With regards to the medical facilities, my mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in February 2011, and moved into the facility for hospice care. The hospice was overseen by an outside organization, but treatment and care is provided by the staff at Sandhill Cove. The hospice organization considers the hospice care provided by Sandhill Cove to be the gold standard of hospice care. The amenities are top notch. They have a first class dining room on the premises along with a smaller cafe style restaurant. The food is amazing and healthy. They have an impressive assortment of activities available from lectures and themes parties, to exercise programs and a top notch croquet team that plays against other groups in the area.There are frequent trips to local area attractions such as Broadway style shows, cruises, local casinos, sporting events and movies, to name a few. They also offer excursions the all local shopping centers in the area, for those who are unable to drive.The grounds and facilities are immaculate and superbly maintained and the security service provided is excellent. All residents are monitored so if there is any kind of emergency, help can be provided quickly.This facility is without a doubt one of the finest and should be considered the standard by which other facilities should be measured.

Location of Sandhill Cove