Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Orlando Lutheran Towers
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by lobbyramp September 01, 2011
3.0

Very expensive, great location, too many floors for the elderly, close to churches, overall decent property and would give it a neutral rating.

Orlando Lutheran Towers
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by cdayton August 20, 2011

We had a family friend who was a resident in the Lutheran Towers for many years. This facility is a continuing care facility in downtown Orlando. It sits in a high rise building and offers all different levels of care, from independent living all the way to skilled nursing care. I will focus my review on the assisted living portion of this facility as that is where our friend resided and the area I was able to visit most often. This is a gorgeous area with individual apartments for each of the residents. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful - from assisting with housekeeping to providing meals and medication reminders to the residents as often as necessary. I often saw staff approaching residents with a smile, calling them by name, and even offering those extra special touches like remembering a birthday or asking about one of those resident's family members (such as asking how a Grandchild is doing who has just left for college). I never entered this facility and found it to be anything except extremely clean, updated in decor, and all around welcoming. They do an excellent job of providing a friendly and home like feel in the individual apartments, in the common area, in the Chapel, and in the dining hall. Residents have access to a ton of activities regularly and I also often saw residents forming small activity groups on their own (a small book club perhaps or card game meet up). It was very obvious to me that this facility provides excellent care, but also encourages the highest level of independence for each and every resident. Overall I can think of nothing negative to say about this facility. Our family friend very much enjoyed her time there and I would highly recommend it to family and friends if the need ever arose.

Location of Orlando Lutheran Towers