Payment Options

Reviews of Kimball Farms

Kimball Farms
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Maggie11 August 29, 2013

I visited Kimball Farms and they best suited my needs. It had a unique two-bedroom with two-baths and before you move in, you could choose all new kitchen cabinets, counter appliances, floor tiles, bathroom fixtures, carpeting and paint because they changed the entire unit each time they change residents. The major different between them and the other facilities was thast they had 90% refund of your entry fees and it doesn't matter if it is two weeks, two month or two years, if you decided to live you'll get 90% or your entry fee back.

Kimball Farms
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Therese1 May 11, 2012

My sister, Sylvia has been at Kimball Farms since last May 2011. She has early onset Alzheimer and she had to be placed in their locked Unit. She no longer has long term, or short term memory, other than she knows me and my brother. I can't say enough about the management and staff on the LEP unit at Kimball Farms. To start I am an RN who had worked in a skilled facility for a year, many, many years ago. I eventually went into research so I can be very critcal of people in the medical field. At Kimball Farms, there are so many activities for the residents to help keep thier minds active. The Social Director,Sharon organizes the activities, for the residents that are able, they can go in vans to outside activities. For example, my sister has been horse back riding at one of the local barns and the experience has brought smiles to her face. They take rides along the country side and stop and get ice creams. Sharon assists in bring some happiness to the residents.

They do exercises in the mornings, the sing alongs are great; one can see that all forms of music brings the residents to gether,the LEP unit staff are absolutely wonderful. They have crafts that the residents participate in, they decorated Easter hats and Christmas trees. Each staff member truly cares for each individual on the unit. My sister is only 68 years old and it was one of the hardest things my brother and I ever had to do, is to place her in a facility.(she was never married). The blank look that you see on a Alzheimer patient, is so hard to accept for a family member. I cried for weeks, I called frequently to see how she was doing, and each time the staff member i talked to never rushed me and always assured me I was not bothering them. When my sister had an acute gall Bladder attack(at the time they did not know what was wrong); they called me to inform me she was sick, when I got to the facility, there was a staff member, sitting by her side, Sylvia was wrapped in blankets, looking pretty bad. I kne she hadded to be sent to the hospital. Long story, but they called me to keep uptodate how things were going. After her surgery when I brought her back, they we all so glad to see her, and I know Sylvia was able to feel their love. The evening nurse called me to find out how I was doing!!! She saw how upset I was over Sylvia's illness. For me as a nurse, that gester was one of the nicest things anyone as ever done for me. How many call to find out how the caretaker was doing!! After this first year, of Sylvia being there, I myself am clamer, knowing that she is cared and loved by each staff member down to hose keeping, Serena always gives Sylvia a good morning hug!. Please know as a nurse for 45 years, I have been in many facilities, and this is one of the best I have see, yes the grounds and the facility are beautiful, but the most important part is the staff truly cares and loves the residents under their care and will do anything for each and everyone.

Location of Kimball Farms