Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Pennybyrn at Maryfield

Posted by Caring77721750 February 28, 2014

Pennybyrn is owned and operated by Catholic nuns. It is extremely clean and well-staffed. They have lower nurse to patient ratio and more CNAs and LPNs. You'd feel like your parent or your loved one would get better care and more attention. They have big rehab PT area. The staff was all extremely helpful and seemed to enjoy their work. They all seemed to be friendly and knowledgeable. They have lots of activity. It's well decorated. The rooms are well sized and nicely furnished. They have doubles and single apartments. I like the setting and the furnishings, too.

Posted by D3zmon336 December 04, 2012

the staff seem very friendly and eager to help with any and all question that my friend had pertaining to his father stay at the facility. They also had a starbucks machine that I always loved to use and a golf course for the residents to use when ever they wanted to. At times they seemed short staffed but the nurses always crossed me as pleasant and very helpful. Overall the facility is very nice my friends father was also in the rehabilitation department after he had surgery done on his hip, and again he had a great attitude about the facility and the treatment he received. most of the CNA would go out of there way to make sure he was comfortable and had everything he needed.

Posted by Caregiver1234 November 04, 2012
1.0

i had family here and even though the atmosphere is pretty, the care is not the greatest. I have seen residents left out "watching TV" while no nurse is around. Not impressed with the Administrator who does not have knowledge of nursing. It is sad. They had a wellness clinic several years ago that was the bomb but in the last couple years has declined. Not sure what has happened.

Posted by missdanielle1983 September 19, 2012
4.0

Pennybyrn at Maryfield is a reputable assisted living facility in the High Point area. While touring the facility, I found the general atmosphere appealing and welcoming. The facility itself is huge, offering several different levels of care and amenities. The facility was clean, organized, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and seemed to interact appropriately with residents. The residents that I passed in the hallway during my visit appeared to be clean, groomed, and happy for the most part. The doors leading to the outside of the facility were secured, which is beneficial for safety issues regarding residents suffering from diseases that affect memory. Residents were eating lunch when I arrived and seemed to enjoy their dining experience, but the staff in the dining room seemed less than enthused about their job. However, the food looked and smelled appealing and the options seemed to be healthy. My overall opinion regarding this facility is that, although expensive, Pennybyrn at Maryfield is an excellent establishment to consider when choosing an assisted living home for a loved one.

Posted by TornadicThrill February 29, 2012
4.0

Nurses and staff are friendly and helpful, however it's more dedicated to helping patients maintain rather than improve. While my friend used to be doing physical therapy to help her walk and talk in an assisted living situation, this nursing home only requires enough physical therapy to keep her alive and wheel-chair bound, though she is capable of walking on her own if need be. Also, many patients are left alone for hours on end in "tv rooms" and it's difficult to find staff in an emergency (save for ringing an alarm)

Posted by trevh73 August 30, 2011

This is a truly wonderful facility. It is very well taken care of and is very modern. I feel that the staff takes excellent care of the residents and goes out of their way to make sure they are comfortable. There are many activities for residents who are more active. We ultimately decided to provide care for my grandmother at home but this facility was one of my top choices.

Posted by purplelady1949 August 03, 2011

Even though I have only driven by it several times my husband and I have decied to make it our retirement home. It is in the best location for us and we just can't wait.

Location of Pennybyrn at Maryfield