Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Shell Point Village

Posted by Caring70747350 April 12, 2014

Shell Point Retirement was really nice. They have different buildings and different levels, and when we looked, we thought we couldn't afford it. The rooms were real nice, clean, and big enough. Some of their places overlook the water. The staff was very good. They have all kinds of activities according to what you're able to do. Some of them are still able to play golf. They have it all at that place. It's a clean and beautiful place, interesting to just go through there and look around. It's not far away, but it's not right in town.

Posted by anitj May 10, 2013
2.0

It is a lovely campus with many cultural and social activities evident. However, we were told that it only accepts married couples or "blood relations" such as sisters or brothers due to "insurance reasons" and "state laws." Unfortunately this excludes those who wish to share living quarters as well as share expenses with either same sex or opposite sex unmarried partners is what we were told by the sales staff.

Posted by Onsiteview May 03, 2013
4.0

My wife and I have lived at Shell Point for over ten years, and we agree with the glowing reports by other reviewers. We shopped around other similar facilities, and it soon became apparent that none had anywhere near the amenities we enjoy here. Some things not mentioned elsewhere are a continuing learning program on a wide variety of subjects, (called the Academy.) Tour planning, to local and state points of interest - even cruises. Also the sense of family that develops, especially among those in your own building, where parties and events are regularly scheduled. If anyone loses a spouse, they are never alone here. Being operated by a missionary alliance you might think it's too "chucrhy" for you, but that's strictly on a participate as you wish basis. Small pets are allowed, and there are many seen walking their little poodles, dachshunds, etc. Just about all important services are included in your monthly fee, except your telephone. There's even a regularly scheduled, (free,) bus service around the campus. We've never regretted moving here, and think it's important to hear a strong vote of approval from a resident.

Posted by Lolly2 July 24, 2012

I visited Shell Point of Fort Myers. It's like a resort. This place is very nice but I would not call it a resort, maybe a nice hotel. It's a very beautiful & nice place. It's a younger community; the average age is 70. They have a very large community. I would recommend this facility to others.

Posted by Jerry3 June 14, 2012
4.0

was very impressed when I visited Shell Point. It was very nice and clean. The apartments were amazing and some were really fancy. Some apartments were larger and some were average. The staff was nice and toured me around the community. The residents seemed busy and going around a lot and they seemed happy. They have a cultural center there and wood working and things like that available. I really like the place but I'm not sure yet what to expect. I still need to look for other communities.

Posted by tkhe99 September 30, 2011
4.0

I visit the Shell Point retirement community in Fort Myers Florida on a weekly basis for my job as a maid. It is a clean, neat, well planned community with many ammenities. There are several different types of living arrangements within the community which range from single family homes to assisted care facilities. In addition to a golf course and pools, they offer computer courses, a variety of hobby classes, many social functions, and holiday celebrations. It seems like there is something going on there nearly every day of the week!I work for six different people who live in Shell Point, and their only complaint is the cleaning staff. Though the grounds and common areas are all clean at all times, the cleaning fee included in their monthly dues, cover only twenty minutes of maid service per week.That is why several residents have hired me.Though I am an outside contractor, I am always treated with courtesy and respect by the staff. The residents are always quick to chat and seem to be quite neighborly with one another. Nestled in beautiful Fort Myers Florida, it is only steps to Sanibel Island. Most of the residences take advantage of sweeping views of the island and surrounding waterways.

Posted by ziggy3339 August 08, 2011

This is the finest facility of it's kind. I've been to many looking for others and rating them and this by far is the best. For one thing, the people who actually live there are happy. You won't find a long face anywhere. Plenty of company surrounds people who may be retired but are no where near ready to stop living. This is a place for people who want to live, explore new interests and bond with others who also want to enjoy their life. There's several restaurants right there and the food is healthy, excellent quality and lots of choices. The staff is friendly, not condescending one bit and eager to please. It's on the beach and the views are spectacular. I can't think of anything they've left out. State of the art facilities for all medical care (doctors right on the grounds) and they even deliver meds to your door. In fact, anything that's wanted can be had there. I enjoyed seeing the different living quarters (wonderful), exploring the grounds, gardens, things to do and talking with the residents and employees. I've been there 4 times now and each time I learn some new wonderful thing about it. It's not cheap but if you've saved enough pennies this is the place to go. Don't wait until you're too old to enjoy it. The lifestyle is incredible here!

Location of Shell Point Village