Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Plantation Estates

Posted by Caring74381850 November 28, 2013

Plantation Estates was the one we liked. It was near where my daughter lived. It was a large community with 400 or 500 residents. The outperformed some of the other place and we had a good feeling on that place. They had all kind of sizes of apartments from small and the large ones. We had lunch and the food was good. Several residents came and talked about what it was like living there. They seemed to have a lot of programs. They had a pool and exercise room and they got programs to go with it. One the things that they organized, was a trip to New Zealand and Australia for a vacation. The disadvantage was that they had a long waiting list and it was expensive.

Posted by Caring67886850 August 26, 2013

I've visited the Plantation Estates, but it wasn't an option for me only because it was too expensive. It's a much larger facility and they have more choices; they have more classes that are available. They have a clinic with doctors and nurses on board. The staff was very nice and I have no complaints. If I could afford it, that's where I'd be living.

Posted by Patti7 August 25, 2013

My relative will be going into Plantation Estates. She will enter as independent living but she will have assisted and skilled nursing when she needs them. I like the fact that it is also close to where she lives and that she will be able to navigate that part of the city. Their staff is extraordinary. With regards to activities, they have everything that you can imagine. Their apartments could be larger though.

Posted by Honeyws September 30, 2011
4.0

Plantation Estates is a great assisted living facility. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. While I was there I had breakfast in the cafe which was mostly self serve. Lunch was in the cafe but it was cafeteria style. Dinner was in the dining room and there was formal settings. The waitstaff was very nice. The tour of the kitchen revealed a clean organized fully stocked kitchen. There was plenty of medical staff on hand and there was a specific medical wing where those who require more intensive car could live. The individual units were clean and well kept. There is security staff that controls entrance to the facility. The grounds are well kept with sidewalks and many outdoor activities. The grounds are surrounded by trees, secluded and quiet. They are also very scenic. Pets are permitted. Overall I was very impressed with Plantation Estates. This is an excellent retirement community for a reasonable price.

Location of Plantation Estates