Assisted Living Facilities in Wyoming
Caring.com can help you find the best Assisted Living Facility in Wyoming. Read reviews, compare ratings, check prices and more with our comprehensive directory of Assisted Living Facilities.
A Caregiver's Guide to Assisted Living Facilities in Wyoming
What they're called
Official name: Assisted Living Facilities
Common name: Assisted living facilities
To compare assisted living to board and care, skilled nursing, and other long-term residential care communities, see Residential Care Options: How to Decide.
What they offer
- Individual or shared (up to two persons) living units (from single rooms to multiroom apartments) with some cooking facilities; bathrooms may be shared
- Meals, usually in a common dining area
- General supervision
- Intermittent minor skin and wound-dressing care
- Arrangements for necessary medical, dental, and optometric services, along with transportation to appointments
- Assistance with self-administration of medications
- Personal care services, including limited assistance with dressing, mobility, incontinence, and some other activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Social and exercise activities
Note: Some facilities also offer respite care and other special services.
What they cost
Median monthly fees: $3,407 (higher for residents requiring memory care)
State of Wyoming requirements
- A facility may arrange for outside agencies and providers for home health or hospice care, to be paid for by the resident or by Medicare, Medicaid, or other public or private insurance.
- Resident assessment must be made upon admission and annually thereafter, or whenever the resident has had a significant change in condition.
State of Wyoming oversight
The Wyoming Department of Health, Office of Healthcare Licensing and Surveys (307-777-7123 or toll free to the Department of Health operator 866-571-0944) oversees assisted living facilities.
How to resolve problems or offer feedback
- Contact the regional office near you of the Wyoming long-term care ombudsman program or contact the program manager at 800-856-4398; this is a free service to help residents informally resolve problems with a facility.
- To register a complaint about a facility, you can contact the general information telephone line of the Wyoming's Department of Health at 866-571-0944.
- Rate and review assisted living facilities.
How to pay for assisted living in Wyoming
- Most assisted living is paid for privately by the resident and/or his or her family.
- For Medicaid-eligible low-income residents, Wyoming's home and community-based aging waiver pays for some personal care services provided in participating assisted living facilities.
- Low-income veterans or surviving spouses of veterans may be eligible for Aid and Attendance or other payments from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which can help pay for assisted living.
- Some assisted living facilities offer sliding scale fees, making a higher level of care available to families that might not otherwise be able to afford it. Be sure to ask -- or ask a geriatric care manager in the area if he or she knows which facilities offer sliding scale fees.
Help finding and choosing a facility
- Hire a geriatric care manager (most have extensive local knowledge about assisted living facilities in a particular geographic area, including space availability, resident needs assessments, sliding scale fees, and resident satisfaction). To find a geriatric care manager, see Caring.com's Senior Living Directory.
- For details about assisted living facilities in each of the 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia, see A Caregiver's Guide to Assisted Living Facilities.
- Basin, WY
- Buffalo, WY
- Casper, WY
- Cheyenne, WY
- Cody, WY
- Dayton, WY
- Diamondville, WY
- Douglas, WY
- Evanston, WY
- Evansville, WY
- Glenrock, WY
- Green River, WY
- Greybull, WY
- Guernsey, WY
- Hanna, WY
- Kemmerer, WY
- Lander, WY
- Laramie, WY
- Lovell, WY
- Lusk, WY
- Lyman, WY
- Mills, WY
- Mountain View, WY
- Newcastle, WY
- Pine Bluffs, WY
- Powell, WY
- Ranchester, WY
- Rawlins, WY
- Albany County, WY
- Carbon County, WY
- Converse County, WY
- Crook County, WY
- Fremont County, WY
- Goshen County, WY
- Hot Springs County, WY
- Laramie County, WY
- Lincoln County, WY
- Natrona County, WY
- Niobrara County, WY
- Park County, WY
- Platte County, WY
- Sheridan County, WY