Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Homestead Hills

Homestead Hills is a preferred retirement community in the Winston-Salem, NC area. Located on 37 acres, Homestead Hills offers independent living cottages and apartments plus assisted living with rehabilitation services on site.

With a focus on wellness, Homestead Hills enjoys a research partnership with Wake Forest University and was a recipient of the 2011 Best of the Best Award for wellness programming from the Assisted Living Federation of America. Homestead Hills is a community for people who wish to live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Featuring a community clubhouse that includes dining services, pub, Internet cafe, game and activity rooms, multi-media center plus a wellness center with heated therapy pool and exercise equipment, Homestead Hills offers more social and fun opportunities than one could receive in their current house and at an affordable price. With Homestead Hills taking care of all the house and lawn upkeep, the paying of bills, the cooking of meals, and the planning and set up of parties and events, Members get to spend more time enjoying their family, friends and interests.

Experience Homestead Hills and experience a maintenance-free lifestyle in a fun and exciting gated community. Living here could indeed impact your life by helping you live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Reviews of Homestead Hills

Posted by Deanna3 September 25, 2014

The staff at Homestead Hills Retirement is great and very attentive. Mother seems very happy. They have a pool. They take her in once or twice a week for exercises. They have outings, card games and bingo. Every day an activity so she has been happy. There’s socialization that she’s getting, but she’s diabetic so they keep a really close eye on her blood sugars. I like the care that she gets and the cleanliness of it.

Posted by Snowbug1 February 01, 2014

I went to Homestead Hills years ago. It was very well kept. When I looked at it before, it was also pretty new. It looked like a new construction. The facilities there were very nice. They had wide variety of residents there, e.g., from people who are still very independent to obviously people who need a lot of help. They had a variety of floor plans and even cottages and separate houses. It was pricey but it's not the most expensive in town.

Posted by Caring77200450 January 30, 2014

Homestead Hills Retirement is all incorporated. It's got everything inclusive. Assisted living if you need it, private rooms, and dining rooms. I mean, it's just one monthly payment and everything is paid. The staff is wonderful. They're a great staff. I've moved my dad in. He has a two bedroom house that's about 1200 sq. ft. It's very clean because they clean it every week and that's included in their services. And, the outside property is maintained by the outside landscaping firms, so everybody's fine.

Posted by Caring76627650 December 30, 2013
4.0

We moved mom at Homestead Hills. The facility is nice. She is very happy there. Her room is nice and she has a private bath, so it's good. The staff is fine. They have a pretty good variety of food and its okay. They have a lot of activities, a lot of things for the residents to do like games, physical activities, and opportunities to interact with others. Everybody has been very nice to us and we are pretty happy with the situation.

Posted by Andrew9 August 25, 2013
4.0

The time that we moved her there, they were most accommodating for her and her dog. My aunt has her own apartment. Sometimes, I don't like the rules, but I like working with them. They have fairly good food, but I think they over charge because they cost too much. There are portions that are too large. My aunt had left-overs and I asked them to cut down on certain portions and they didn't. They have lots of activities, the problem is that I can't make my aunt go to do them.

Posted by chicks91 April 19, 2012
4.0

My great-grandmother stayed at Homestead Hill before her passing. She was 85+ years old and couldn't live on her own anymore. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and needed extra care that none of her children or grand children could provide on the regular. Homestead in my opinion took very great care of her. The staff was always friendly and knowledgeable and treated my great grandmother with respect. They checked on her multiple times of day, so much so that she kind of complained about it. They also made sure to give her, her medication whenever it was required. They were also great about giving her a sense of independence by allowing her to walk around the facility and partake in hobbies like knitting with others who were staying at the facility. Even in her time before her passing they took extremely good care of her and made sure to update the family at least twice a week on her health and on the day of her passing knew of all the proper procedures and ways to handle the body. The only things I disliked happened to be the smell of old perfume, but it's to be expected.

Location of Homestead Hills

Features of Homestead Hills

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy