Cost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Willows at Meadow Branch

Our Location

The Willows At Meadow Branch is located in historic Winchester, Va. Our Southern Style, one-story estate is located in a park like setting, nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of Old Town Winchester, yet secluded from major highways and the sounds of traffic. Peaceful and serene our walking paths wind around a Nature Preserve and provide opportunities to walk in the warmth of the sunshine, and to enjoy the fresh air and beautiful landscapes. Our picturesque facility is beautiful in all seasons, and opportunities for great family photos are around every corner!

We are a designated Trolley stop for shopping and sight-seeing. While you are in town, be sure and visit the Apple Blossom Mall, or get tickets to a performing arts exhibit at Shenandoah University. You won’t want to miss the opportunity to visit one of our many Revolutionary and Civil War sites that provide educational and entertainment opportunities.

Due to our location within the City limits, Winchester Medical Center is just minutes away; which greatly reduces emergency response times. We also have a variety of Medical Professionals nearby, which makes for easy and convenient access to doctor’s appointments.

Our inviting front porch, complete with rocking chairs and flower gardens, provides great opportunities to chat with family, friends and neighbors. We have six cozy sunrooms, a formal, yet comfortable living room with fireplace and a well-stocked library and game room. So come on in, snuggle up with a good book or challenge one of your neighbors to a game of chess or checkers!

Family Owned & Operated

The Willows At Meadow Branch is privately owned by a Virginia family. This family has been involved with elder care since the 1980’s, and appreciates the trust and confidence that Residents and their families place in our Staff and community.

With the absence of corporate “red-tape”, decisions are addressed on-site, in a timely manner; this is an added value to our Residents, families and Staff.

The owners’ mission is to provide individualized, quality care in a comfortable and safe surroundings. We believe that this mission is something that we, as a staff, live by each and every day.

What Makes Us Unique

People have asked what makes The Willows At Meadow Branch so unique? Well, we think a lot of things, but there are important and distinct differences in how we operate our facility in comparison to others.

We take pride in the fact that we have the following attributes, most of which are unique to us!

• Family owned and operated
  • Our full Housekeeping Staff strives to maintain a clean, sanitary and odor-free environment for our Residents. We are dedicated to sustaining an impeccably high standard of cleanliness throughout the entire facility
  • Full Dietary Staff
  • Head Chef and several cooks, all of which are Servsafe certified
  • Our Personal Care Staff is dedicated to Resident care; as well as developing strong relationships with each of our Residents
  • We honor our Veterans with special services to recognize their call to serve our Country
  • Trained and Certified Medication Technicians
  • A dedicated CNA to assist Residents with bathing
  • Registered Dietician that evaluates and sustains nutritional needs
  • Psychiatrist that provides in-house care
  • Primary Physician that visits weekly
  • Podiatrist that provides in-house care
  • Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy/Speech Therapy services available
  • Professionally dressed staff, we dress as if we are guests in our Residents home
  • Dedicated local Pharmacy services, that deliver daily
  • Regularly scheduled excursions for all Residents, including our Memory Care community
  • Our RN and LPN’s on staff are located at our facility to insure the highest level of personalized attention
  • We recognize how much pets enrich our lives, therefore we welcome your small four-legged friends!
  • Truly a shining example of how Gracious Senior Assisted Living should be

Extended Family

Deciding to move a loved one into our community at The Willows At Meadow Branch can be a time that is filled with questions, for both you and our staff. How will my loved one adjust? Will they be happy here? Can I leave them without worry?

We as a staff, pay close attention to those details because we want to make certain that the adjustment period is easier for everyone. Our goal is to understand your loved ones wants, needs and desires, as they begin the next chapter of their lives as one of our new neighbors.

Our Staff will provide solutions that create comfort and security. We will maintain open lines of communication with the families, as well as promoting and encouraging family involvement and Resident independence in a secure setting.

We will keep you up to date on developments and progress; and naturally you are always welcome to visit and enjoy a meal or an activity with us!

There is a passion and a ministry that beats within the hearts of our Staff, not only to cater to our Residents’ wishes, but to encourage companionship and maintain a sense of purpose and usefulness.

Our Residents are always treated with dignity and respect, and are fully accepted for the unique individuals that they are.

When we say that we have a, “Family-like setting”, we mean it from the heart, not just as a clever marketing phrase. Our goal is to surround our Residents with love, security and appreciation.

We believe that we have happy and fulfilled Residents because we have happy and fulfilled Staff; therefore, you can rest assured that your loved one will be cared for with the highest level of kindness and empathy.

Community Involvement

We have a vested interest in the well-being of our friends and neighbors; therefore, we contribute to our local economy and community as much as possible.

• We buy and use local produce
  • We host support groups and seminars for Alzheimer’s and Dementia care-givers
  • We provide seminars on a variety of Senior related topics
  • We make our facility and catering services available to host events for Residents, Businesses and Community Groups
  • We utilize local vendors when possible
  • We are the Title Sponsor for the Apple Blossom, “Young at Heart” Dance, as well as a Supporting Sponsor for the Prayer Brunch
  • We host the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
  • We support local education through the Winchester Education Foundation
  • We participate in local Recycling programs

Spiritual Program

Over the years, many of our Residents have enjoyed attending the church of their choice, and it is very sacred to them. For this reason, The Willows At Meadow Branch provides the following Non-Denominational amenities:

• Bible Study twice a week
  • Sunday school and Worship Service
  • Old Fashioned hymn sings

We are also blessed to have a Chaplain that is available 24/7, 365 days a year in order to provide personal house calls with our Residents as needed.

Our Chaplain also provides a beautiful, Celebration of Life Service, for the family and neighbors of those that have reached the end of their journey. Our Staff and Residents have the opportunity to remember shared memories and use this time for reflection, comfort and closure.

Fine Dining

Our Resident Chef creates three delicious and well-balanced meals a day. From start to finish careful attention is given to the preparation, nutrition, flavor and presentation of each of these meals. Local produce is used when available and all recipes are prepared from scratch!

Cloth napkins, placemats and china are an everyday feature in our elegant dining room. Our Wait Staff is diligent in all details of dressing our tables, this combination of careful planning creates a fine dining atmosphere.

Sundays are special to many of our Residents because over the years it has been a day to gather with family; therefore white linens and our special occasion china are meticulously displayed to add to the beauty of the meal. Our food has been described as, “Homemade, just like Moms”, and because of this, we want you to have the pleasure of joining us for lunch; guests are always welcome!

Homemade ice cream is available in soft serve and with so many toppings available, it’s like being in an old fashioned Ice Cream Parlor.

A vanilla sundae with strawberries and whipped cream is a nice treat no matter what your age!

Active Minds & Hands

We have a full-time professional activities team that coordinates regularly scheduled excursions for all Residents. They also implement a variety of activities such as jewelry making, musical entertainment, with in-house and special guest performances. Theatre-style popcorn for the afternoon movie and an ongoing community jigsaw puzzle that everyone has to get their hands in at least once a day! We host Red Hat Society meetings, Art Exhibits, theme days with accompanying refreshments, tea parties, and the ever popular, Residents vs. Staff games.

(Running score: Residents 75 – Staff 0)

Residents enjoy a culinary class twice a month, and then revel in the fruits of their experience; sometimes they hold an old-fashioned bake sale, where our Staff lines up to buy the delicious treats!

Our Winter Wonder Years Ball celebrates the lives of our Residents that are 90+, which gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, “Senior Prom”! All the stops are pulled out for this annual event, jazz ensemble, refreshments, and our Residents dance the day away with family, friends and staff!

We foster the emotional, spiritual and physical well-being of our Residents by offering activities that enrich their lives on a daily basis.

Short-Term Respite Care

Need a break in taking caring of your senior loved one? Going on vacation and don’t want to leave he or she alone for a week? We make temporary neighbors in our community to feel at home; even if it’s short term! We can help you and your loved one with needs and demands by providing assistance. Depending on your needs, make arrangements for Respite Care for days, weeks, or even months.

A Secure and Specially Designed Area

Willow Glen is designed for our Residents who have Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our secure area provides a dining room, living room, activities room and enclosed garden walking path with a gazebo. Secure surroundings and state-of-the-art safety features provide protection for our Residents who can no longer live alone.

Services in Willow Glen include:

• Bathing
  • Dressing
  • Medication administration
  • Toiletry assistance

Our Activities Department plans a daily calendar of social, recreational and educational programs, that are designed specifically for our memory impaired Residents.

In order to assist Residents in Willow Glen to locate their home, each room has a color-coded door and a Plexiglas enclosed “memory box’ for easy room identification.

The End Of A Journey

When your loved one has reached the end of this part of their journey, we want to make certain that you have as much help and comfort as we can possibly provide.

Our partnership with Hospice helps provide you with information concerning your loved ones needs, as well as a dedicated Hospice Staff. Our Chaplain is always available for counseling during this time of challenging questions and decision making. Our Staff, along with the Hospice team is there to navigate you through the illness, help you to understand the process and give you a shoulder to lean on.

We are vested in our community because we are family owned and operated. We buy produce locally, participate in recycling programs, host a variety of seminars and events for our Residents and surrounding community. All of our meals are homemade, never from processed food, and some of our recipes are provided to our Chef by our Residents! We truly care about our Residents and treat them as a member of our own family.

Reviews of The Willows at Meadow Branch

Posted by Rick16 January 10, 2014

I am happy to give a recommendation about The Willows at Meadow Branch. I remember when we first started to do planning for our mother’s care. Everyone at the Willows was extremely nice and helpful.

Although I do not get to visit as much as I wish, when I do, I am always impressed with how clean and organized the areas within the facility are. The entire place has a cheerful look and always appears to be orderly. Mom has always looked well taken care of. When I make my surprise visits, I am always happy to see mom sitting and involved in activities. I realize the difficulty that the staff must face with taking care of everyone and am always impressed with smiling staff faces and the willingness to help the residents.

I am happy that we made The Willows our choice and have been very pleased with the care given us.

Posted by mhwillis December 06, 2013

As residents, my wife and I could not be more pleased. This is the first place we toured and we then fell in love with it. We moved in in January of 2013 and are still convinced we made the right choice. They have an extremely capable and friendly staff, in their care, management and facility properties and services. And their attempt to satisfy so many at three meals per day cannot be surpassed.

Posted by S Campbell November 30, 2013

My mother has been living at The Willows at Meadow Branch for over three years and is very happy being there. I am very confident in the care and attention she recieves. The facilities are very clean and decorated beautifully. All the staff are genuinely caring and go beyond expectations to make my mother feel like she is someone special. They always have several different activites going on each day to keep residents occupied. I feel very secure that my mother is in the best assisted living facilty in the Winchester area.

Posted by SL Hunter Photography November 29, 2013

As a professional having worked with the Willows on several occasions, I can say first hand that the staff genuinely enjoys providing the best care possible for residents. From excellent meals and spacious rooms, to making anyone who visits feel at home with beautiful landscaping and decor. I can honestly say I have not worked with a more passionate long term care staff! Keep it up Willows at Meadow Branch!

Posted by Colleen9 November 27, 2013

The staff at The Willows, Tammi, Charity and Candy are all so caring and absolutely excellent! Charity and Candy did the assessment of my mom and they did a great job. The facility seems like a true home. The residents are not just sitting around wasting away in their wheelchairs. They are active and involved.

Posted by JoEllenC November 26, 2013

My mother has lived at The Willows since the Spring of 2003. She is now 101 years old and I believe one of the reasons she's lived this long is the loving care she receives there. We had a huge 100th Birthday Celebration there with over 85 people and the staff facilitated the party with food, music, etc. This gave us a lovely, comfortable environment to celebrate. When I was looking for a place for Mom to live, I went to every Assisted Living Facility I could find. My sister and I wanted Mom to live near us so we could see her often. When we walked in the door, we knew this was the place for her. It was beautiful and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The room arrangement was perfect for her. As time has gone by, I am more and more impressed. It's a family, not an institution. Everyone who works there cares about each resident personally. Mom has written poems in the past and she is appreciated for that and asked to recite them on many occasions. The Administrator, Linda D., has an open door policy, so I can just stop in anytime if I have a question or a concern and she gives immediate attention to it. The nursing staff is superb. They call me if there's something they think I might want to know about and lovingly care for Mom both day and night. It's a very upbeat place to live - attitudes are positive, residents enjoy one another's company, they have a variety of activities, great entertainment, special events where family members are invited, a chaplain on staff, great food, and several special places to "sit and visit" with friends or family. It truly is a "home" for my Mom and every now and then she'll say, "I really like living here." I'm so thankful for The Willows and the warm, caring atmosphere where she can enjoy each day fully. I cannot recommend The Willows at Meadow Branch enough! JoEllenC

Posted by Dobbs1 November 15, 2013

When we first walked in the first thing we noticed was how clean and quiet The Willows was. A wonderful woman took us around to see all of the facility, not just what she wanted us to see. She answered all our questions and then invited us for lunch. My parents have been there for a while now. The staff are like family and take very good care of my parents. My father likes speaking with the owner which is very important to him. The nursing staff is excellent as well. My parents moved to The Willows after being in another facility that looked good on the outside but had no heart. Thank you to the fine staff, Thank you. Ramona

Posted by Caring506532 March 23, 2012

My grandmother was a resident at "The Willows" for 18 months. The entire staff,in all departments,knew my grandmother by name. They all took the time to speak with her and acknowledged her as a person. Our family was kept well informed of her status,so that we could make the appropriate health care decisions. Her care was a team effort,with the staff and family working together. The facility was well kept both inside and out. The Maintenance and Housekeeping/Laundry departments were always working to keep the facility clean and operating well. The dietary department made every effort to make her dining experiences pleasant. They took the time to learn my grandmothers likes and dislikes.The Activities department as well,spent time learning about my grandmothers interests,so that an activity plan could be made to meet her needs. I could go on about how all the departments truly made her stay a loving,caring experience for her and a comforting,reassuring one for us.We will always be thankful to "The Willows" for providing her with this truly personal,loving,and supportive cae.

Posted by BettyLRard February 19, 2012

My mother-in-law was a resident at The Willows after she fell at home and then fell again at the hospital. Because of her falls, she was in a lot of pain and was unable to walk. The staff at The Willows were so caring and compassionate. Often times the nurses would sit and talk with her, which she loved. They were so good to alleviate her fears by their knowledge of her condition and how to help her to improve. The director of nursing, Glenda, was an absolute angel, going above and beyond the call of duty in making her comfortable. The facility is so clean and beautiful, and the food is great. There were also many activities and music programs that she enjoyed so much during her stay there. She loved her physical and occupational therapists and the chaplain at The Willows. The therapists even made sure she was able to handle her day-to-day tasks when she returned home. The administrator's door was always open for any comments or concerns that we had. We even asked the receptionist Arlene to do a task for us, and it was immediately handled. Because of the excellent care she received at The Willows, she was able to return home and she was once again mobile. My mother-in-law's proudest moment, was when she walked down the hall to leave the facility and all the staff lined the hall and applauded her ability to walk again. I would never hesitate to recommend The Willows At Meadow Branch to any one in need of convalesence and cheer. The atmosphere and ambiance of the facility is warm, welcoming and loving.

Posted by sandradk February 16, 2012

My mother was a resident of The Willows from Sept. '09 until she passed away on Oct. 2010. She was also a patient of Blue Ridge Hospice. As I said in a letter to the Editor of the Winchester Star in December of 2010, there were angels at The Willows looking out for and caring for my mother. It was The Willows staff who suspected Mother has dementia and she was subsequently diagnosed by the Hospice team and her primary physician. It was The Willows who recommended physical and occupational therapy for Mother and she thrived on the attention. The surroundings were/are exceptional, the food was/is excellent, the staff was/is professional and compassionate, and the apartments are roomy and cheery. During the time of my mother's stay, I or a family member was with Mother several hours a day for 6 of 7 days of the week. Hospice was with Mother on the 7th day each and every week. It takes team comittment to care for an elderly person with dementia. The Willows provided the lion's share of quality care and Hospice, I, and my family provided the rest. If anything can be said for The Willows it would be that my mother always smiled when a staff member spoke to her, visited her, or cared for her. She knew she was being taken care of properly. What else could a daughter want for her dear mother?

Location of The Willows at Meadow Branch

Features of The Willows at Meadow Branch

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Conservatory, cozy fireplaces, Picnic Areas and walking paths. We are located near quaint shops and bistros and are a designated Trolley Stop.

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Private services

• Lowest monthly rate: 4,025
  • Highest monthly rate: 5,775
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: We are Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Social Services

Get Details