Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

The Greens at Cannondale
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by lyssaszoo January 30, 2014
3.0

Felt very large and impersonal to me. People didn't seem to interact - we would walk down halls or into rooms (sometimes occupied ones, without asking the residents, which I thought was strange), and there was no interaction whatsoever among staff and residents. The "activity" while we toured was watching television - with a staff member sitting at a keyboard and changing channels on request (not what I would consider interactive). At one point, I noticed staff sitting in a corner in the dining room eating, totally ignoring the residents who were sitting a few feet away, in the same room. Wall-to-wall carpet throughout, which may explain the strong scent of air freshener I smelled - not appealing. Half of the facility has been renovated so those apartments have updated bathrooms with large shower stalls (including glass doors and a built-in bench), but the older half of the building and the main common areas looked extremely dated to me. Each apartment has a kitchenette with apartment-sized refrigerator, microwave and stovetop (which are covered in the secured unit). We toured because a friend's mother recently moved in - but I wouldn't consider it a strong care facility for our mother's needs: not enough interaction and a low level of engagement in activities.

The Greens at Cannondale
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Aard Rinn November 08, 2012

I was very impressed with the condition of the facility. It was clean and well kept, and had plenty of staff on hand. The staff seemed friendly, and they let us bring my grandfather a cheesecake for his birthday, which some places won't. They also came and sang a birthday song for him, which I thought was a nice touch. My grandfather was less than happy to be in a nursing home, as he's a very independent man, and doesn't like being cooped up for more than a day or two, but they made sure he had his tablet and his newspaper every morning, and took him around the grounds every day, which is important with his physical therapy. All in all, a good facility from what I saw of it. The only real issue is that they didn't have good wi-fi/computer usage for the residents, which some might mind, I'm sure.

Location of The Greens at Cannondale