Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Brompton Heights

Posted by Kathie2014 August 31, 2014
4.0

For the last 10 years our Mom was a resident at Brompton Heights Assisted Living. If the services she received was anything less than superb, she would not have stayed there. Over the years, Mom went through many changes as did the staff and services at Brompton. She adapted to these changes and enjoyed every day there. Brompton always treated our Mom with respect. She loved them as they did her. Thank you to each and every person who stepped into our Mom's life during her stay. You are all fabulous. Her current change in facilities needed to happen due to her age and health condition. If that wasn't the case, you could be sure she would still be there handing out candy and donuts in a regular basis. Thank you for all you've done.

Posted by Angelina4 December 31, 2013

Mom had stayed at Brompton Heights and it was a very nice place. Everything was great. Their services were awesome.

Posted by Janet30 September 27, 2013

I placed my husband in Brompton Heights for five days while I went to New York. It was a last minute decision. However, the people were very helpful and they took care of contacting the doctor and doing all the paperwork that needed to be done. The activity director was outstanding and they had activities going 24 hours a day. Even if people got up during the night, there were things for them to do. My husband really enjoyed it.

Posted by Barbara49 August 01, 2013
4.0

My mother-in-law is in Brompton Heights. It is an independent living facility. They give us a deal on the rate and it includes three meals. The room, although it's a one-bedroom, it is impressive in size and it has a full kitchen plus her own washer and drier was right in her room. The staff is very friendly. They have a movie theater. They have an activity room, which they do more than just regular activities. They encourage the residents to bring their pets no matter what kind of pet they are and she have a cat that is really attached to her. My mother-in-law is happy there.

Posted by favoriteson July 29, 2013
1.0

Beware the management at Bromptom Heights.
Make sure you understand the rights of your loved one if you are placing him or her in an assisted living or memory care facility. If you are a legal guardian or power of attorney and are used to making decisions about their care, you will need to understand that now they are in a facility and the management will decide if they need psychotropic medication or their behavior is such that the facility needs to “send them out” -a euphenism for a trip to the Emergency Room of a hospital that has a psychiatric unit in hopes that they will be admitted and put on medication to control their behavior. I placed my father at Brompton’s Heights Assisted Living facility after touring it and having my him screened by them. I visited daily and thought he was doing well, however, I was called at work exactly one week after he was admitted and told that I needed to pick him up by 2:00, as he was being discharged due to his behavior. I offered to call his physician to see if his medication could be adjusted, but their minds were made up. I called the Alzheimer’s Association and they were helpful. They said that legally Brompton’s administrator had to meet with me and give me a 30 day written notice if they were discharging my father. I called Brompton’s management company, The Hamister Group, and lodged a grievance. I also called the New York State Health Department and made a complaint. It is a month and a half later and I have not heard back from either one. I took my father home on the weekend after arranging aide service, but was quite upset at how I was treated and my father not seeming to have any legal rights. Also, the Director of Nursing and the Marketing Director at Brompton Heights treated me very rudely, condescendingly, and were quite unprofessional.

Posted by Carolyn9 June 19, 2013
2.0

When we walked in at Brompton Heights last January, the place was very nice. They were explaining things to us what they would do to help my mom, but in the last six months they got very low of it and she is going downhill quite rapidly, so we have to move her into a skilled nursing facility. I tried eating there and the food was disgusting. They are giving my mom a sandwich at lunch time everyday which is their main meal and she has been losing a lot of weight. They don't take care of her needs when she goes to the bathroom. When my family and myself go to see her, we ended up having to clean her up and change her clothes because they are not doing it. Her bathroom is always dirty and we are always cleaning it because she has accidents. We asked them to put her on a schedule to go to the bathroom which they said they would and apparently they haven't because she is still having a lot of accidents. They let the residents go to the great room and the people just sit there with nothing to do and fall asleep in their chair. There is no activity for them do. It is very disappointing from what they said they would do to what they were actually doing, so now we need to move her.

Posted by Advocatingforyou September 27, 2012
1.0

This facility is very well kept. The grounds are well maintained and the reception seems friendly and attentive. The biggest problem I witnessed was that they are severely short staffed when it comes to care staff. There are call-offs on a daily basis putting the residents at risk of not receiving the attention they so highly pay for. The company is continuosly hiring since they are unable to keep reliable staff under the harsh employment conditions the not so prepare management creates. Could be better if they could secure quality personnel.

Posted by Armonddd July 24, 2012
4.0

My grandmother has been living here for almost 3 years. I am overall satisfied with the care and attention she receives. She lives in her own apartment set apart from the assisted leaving area. She is viable to receive help whenever she needs it. My family and I are very satisfied the staff and nurses. They are always friendly and say hello when passing. However we have had negative experiences with the management.

Posted by archie'smom July 09, 2012
2.0

The Brompton is an extremely-impressive-seeming facility, and the tour was both friendly and competent-seeming. However, we were not pleased with the results of our father's respite care stay. He has Alzheimer's, and perhaps should have been placed in the Alzheimer's unit, but the intake person decided he was borderline; hence he was placed in the regular population. This appears to have been a mistake. In the course of a week, his confidence is lost, and he seems to have suffered an enormous set-back because of this experience. Furthermore, a valuable piece of computer equipment with which music could be played for him was lost/stolen, despite assurances from the staff that it would be under lock and key. Finally, three telephone calls requesting out-take and feedback have gone unreturned, since our father left the Brompton. We are concerned about what seems to be a lack of professionalism on the Brompton's part, and would suggest others be cautious in their dealings with them. Do not be taken in by the beauty/graciousness of first impressions; rather, look deeper.

Posted by lam111 May 21, 2012

In March of 2012, my sister and I visited and toured Brompton Heights, Inc., an assisted-living facility with a special memory-care community, located in Williamsville, NY. We visited the facility during our search for appropriate living arrangements for our parents, both of whom need some assistance with daily living, to varying degrees. My father has suffered a couple of strokes, affecting his ability to communicate and requiring him to use a walker, while my mother suffers from mild to moderate dementia. We chose to find out more about Brompton Heights because it is located very close to my parents' current home and appeared to offer a more personal and inviting atmosphere than some of the larger facilities in the area. In this respect, we were not disappointed, and both of us were duly impressed with the grounds, the building, the rooms, the staff, the level of care, the amenities, and the available activities.The facility's Admissions Director, who took us on the tour, was extremely friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. We had written down a long list of questions to ask her, including detailed information about the types of medical and personal care that were available, and she was able to answer them all very thoroughly without hesitation. We were also pleased to find out that my parents could even use their own furnishings from home in order to make the transition less stressful for them and to make them feel more comfortable in their new surroundings, which was especially important for my mother because of her memory problems. We were introduced to some of the staff members, including LPNs, recreation aides and the executive chef. All of them were very kind and courteous, encouraging us to ask them any questions we might have, no matter how minor they might seem. There was no time limit to our tour, and we were never made to feel rushed. At the end of the tour, we talked at length with the Admissions Director about the various financing options that were available. Again, she was able to provide us with in-depth information about our choices and even made some helpful suggestions that we hadn't previously considered. My parents will be remaining in their home for approximately six more months with the assistance of home health aides, but when it does come time for them to move into an assisted living facility, Brompton Heights, Inc. is among our top few choices.

Posted by Webebj15 April 25, 2012
4.0

The facility itself is very clean. The food is more than acceptable, bordering on very good. They offer many amenities and activities, like movie night, bingo, cards, an ice cream parlor, excersize classes, and a shuttle bus. My big complaint is the staff. There is a very high level of turnover, and that leads to a drop in service and more importantly is confusing and disruptive to the elderly, including my grandmother. It seems that every month there are new faces,must as she became accustomed to the last.

Posted by Stu November 19, 2011
4.0

My mother lived in their CARE unit for over a year. Most of the time I was pleased with her care. The facility is beautiful and their activities program was awesome. Nursing care changed often. I found that frustrating.

Posted by Shy August 01, 2011
4.0

When we were looking to find an assisted living home for my grandfather, who had been through a rough period with Alzheimer's, we looked at Brompton Height's facilities. Brompton Hieghts is located in Buffalo, NY which is in NYS, about half an hour away from the Canadian borderThe overall atmosphere there was very positive and the staff was kind to us from the beginning and was understanding and passionate about helping their residents. The building and rooms themselves were clean and tidy, which helped it seem more homey and close-knit than other assisted living homes we had visited.Overall, the facilities were great and the staff was just as good, and I would recommend Brompton Heights to anyone looking for an assisted living area. The only reason we didn't put my grandfather in there was because we did not think they had enough experience with Alzheimer's and we believed it would be better to take care of him ourselves!

Location of Brompton Heights