Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise of Westlake Village

Welcome to Sunrise Assisted Living of Westlake Village, California, located on Townsgate Road less than a mile from the 101 Freeway. We are central to all the happenings of the city of Westlake, which is part of Thousand Oaks, a family-oriented community with a population of 124,000. The area is filled with outstanding parks, civic arts theatres and a large variety of shopping opportunities. You can enjoy walking in a beautifully landscaped neighborhood or sitting in our rose garden and gazebo. Come be a part of the Westlake community which is surrounded by a small-town feel, full of family and friends.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog.

Reviews of Sunrise of Westlake Village

Posted by florance August 14, 2012

They take good care of my mother. The staff are wonderful. It's a very beautiful and clean place. They're an excellent community! The meal is not so good though. I think it's not that tasteful. A lot of people there complain about the taste of the meal. They say it's not so nice. Also, the meal time is too early for breakfast and there are short intervals in between the meals. I think they have breakfast at around eight to nine-thirty in the morning. The residents there are old people so they don't get up that early. Then around eleven or noon, they have their lunch and I guess they're not even hungry yet. The interval between meals are short and nobody can eat that many meals in such a short interval. So I would like them improve on making their meals more tasteful and adjusting the meal time for the residents. Otherwise, they're very good.

Posted by spencerthibo April 28, 2012

This facility is a very clean well organized and nice assisted living home. The staff are very kind and are always in a good mood. It is a very beautiful place and relaxing place to be. They have a nice pathway that runs all the way around the facility with bushes and flowers. They have a table in the middle of the facility to remember the folks that have passed away recently. There I helped set up tables for dinner and I also would talk to some of the residence so they had people to talk to. I also helped walk dogs that needed to go to the bathroom and needed walks. The faculty was very happy and grateful to have me helping out and I would definitely recommend going here. They also have daily activities set up and field trips so that residence don't get bored during the day. Great place.

Posted by ElizabethRose August 05, 2011
4.0

I visited this facility about six months ago on a fact-finding mission related to my father's future care. I picked this facility as my father lived in this community for about 35 years and is comfortable with its surroundings. From the outside of the building and parking lot, the facility looks like a 5 star golfing resort as it is nestled up against a beautiful golf course. The grounds are quite beautiful with pathways and benches that are plentiful. In no way does this facility look like a care facility. On entering the lobby it appears very comfortable and homey. The receptionist has a companion dog that was lying on the floor near the desk and was friendly to all that arrived.The staff gave me a complete tour including introducing me to several residents, with a few proudly showing off their rooms. There seemed to be a wonderful sense of pride and community with the residents and they all seemed happy, independent and well cared for.The dining rooms, recreation rooms, sitting areas and multimedia rooms were all immaculate and beautifully decorated in a comfortable and inviting way.I was impressed with the staff members as I met them along the way including maintenance, kitchen and office staff.The director stressed the types of services available and how we could graduate to different levels of assistance as needed. She invited me back with my father to enjoy a lunch or dinner and to meet other residents.Overall this is a very well managed, clean and comfortable facility with a great deal to offer its residents.

Posted by adilam May 29, 2011
4.0

Friend or relative of resident

My family and I were very impressed with the care my grandmother got at this assisted living community. She didn't have the easiest time adjusting to being a group setting and didn't really want to participate in the activities at first, but the staff was very encouraging and nudged her to get involved. After a few weeks she started making a few friends and was saying she wished she moved there much earlier. We really appreciated the kindness they showed her and the sense of relief it gave us once she started to adjust. The food is good and the place itself is very attractive and classy.

Location of Sunrise of Westlake Village

Features of Sunrise of Westlake Village

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24-hour security gate