Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Lamplight Inn of West Allis

Posted by Edward3 February 11, 2013
2.0

I like the location of West Park Place. From the outside, it looked like a nice facility. The staff that I did talk to was pleasant over the phone and she was very good, so I had a good impression before I got in there. But I did not meet with the person because when I walked in the lobby of the building, the smell was so overwhelming that I turned around and walked out.

Posted by peter sean July 12, 2012
4.0

West Park Place is an assisted living facility that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. The staff here goes out of their way to make the residents comfortable! There is always a celebration it seems with multiple activities, comfort food dining, pets and outings. The staff treats each person as an individual and are careful to meet not only the individual's needs but many of their wants as well. The staff is approachable, fair and fun. From the administrative staff down to the maintenance men, their staff cares for its residents. Overall, I was very impressed with the facility. It is a great place for my grandma to stay. At first she was hesitant, to say the least, about moving from her home of 50 years. But, after a while she came around to enjoying the staff and especially the other residents. She especially enjoys things such as the pool and social events. The facility itself was beautiful. Honestly, it's much better than my home. I'm really glad my grandma is staying here. Food choices are available for residents as per their likings. Highly recommended for loved ones.

Posted by thomasmturk July 30, 2011
3.0

The facility was quite nice overall. There weren't any major problems. It wasn't a high class place. There weren't major accommodations other than basic cable. We were allowed to install DirecTV if we paid for it, which we did. The cost was the best part. Compared to other places, this was 200$ cheaper on average. The workers were very nice. The parts I hated were that we had to bring in our own furniture aside from the bed. The staff checked in everyday, made sure Great Grandpa was taking his meds and cleaned the sheets once a week (by our request, we could have had it done everyday for no extra cost). Great Grandpa never had any major complications with bed soiling so there was no complaints here. The lobby was a bit limited. Visiting time was boring for the kids like me, but old people don't need to entertain kids. Great Grandpa passed away at his sons house since we took him out for his final days. I'm confident Great Grandpa liked this place.

Location of Lamplight Inn of West Allis