Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Touchmark at Fairway Village

Posted by JoAnn8 January 31, 2014
4.0

My parents had stayed in Touchmark. It was a very pleasant place. It was back from the highways and the facility was very attractive and you can get a variety of apartments there. They had an attractive two-bedroom apartment with a kitchen, which had some regular kitchen stuffs in it. They had a beautiful balcony overlooking an area. My dad later move to assisted living where he had a one-bedroom apartment that was also very attractive. The facilities there were very nice. The staff there was very good and considerate of my mom. Mom had some serious health issues and it was recognized that they might needed help occasionally and they were wonderful. The people that we knew there were went out of their way to be very nice to my parents to visit them when they knew that they had some kind of problem. They were willing to talk to my brother and myself about any problem that they saw. The only downside was the expenses. We pretty much had to put my dad into assisted living after my mom died because anything else became outrageously expensive like their daily services. I would say that that place was a little fairly expensive and they raise the rate during the period at the time they were there on regular basis. It was a little fancier than my parents needed at that point in time. But that is really not a negative thing, it's just that my parents were in their 90's when they went there.

Posted by Felecia1 August 22, 2013
4.0

We visited Touchmark at Fairway Village and it was a really nice facility. The staff were extremely kind, knowledgeable and nice. They had a lot of activities and there was always something to do for the residents. They had a full workout facility with swimming pool. They were one the highest priced here and it was too expensive for us.

Posted by John8897 August 20, 2012

My parent's used to live with me, which I loved, but then I received a promotion and ended up needing to travel most of the year. After touring many facilities in Vancouver I went to Touchmark. Just driving up is impressive, it looks like a vacation resort! After taking the tour I was very impressed, the facilities are very modern and clean and the staff is nice, friendly and helpful. My parents have been living there for over a year and they really like it. They say the food is good and there are many activities for them to participate in. There are movie nights and bingo, and there is also a gym and a pool that they like to visit. I liked that I could chose how much care I wanted for them, since my parent's do not need 24 hour care they have someone come in and help them in the mornings and nights. Although they don't need too much help right now, I like that there are occupational, physical, and speech-language therapy (besides the regular nursing). Overall great place and very reasonable price!

Posted by fran chi May 15, 2011

Visited this facility

This is a great place for seniors. I moved my parents to the Waterford after being very disappointed in the quality of care at other facilities. The staff is great, they know their residents and take very good care of them even when they require special care. They provide enjoyable activities and services. The food is consistently good. The only weakness I have noted is they don't have 24 hour nursing staff and their ability to correctly handle medications is not always up to par so if your loved one needs medication assistance, keep a close eye on medications ordered and times distributed.

Location of Touchmark at Fairway Village