Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Rose Hill Assisted Living

003.jpg
Posted by John Castellano August 24, 2013
3.0

What the "nice lady" in admissions office will not tell you is that once you settle in mom the friendly relationships stop. My mother was a middle class woman, well put together, mentally well but in fairly poor cardiac health. I do not feel the interactions between nursing and the cardiologist were clear and that her Coumadin was not managed properly leading to a major stroke which ultimately lead to her death. In April a recently widowed my mother entered in good spirits but by August I was considering anti-depressants. The social life/activities are poor and childish. Rarely were there outings. My mother was fortunate this facility is located in an upscale community and I was able to walk from my home to Rose Hill and rarely did a day pass I was not on site even if just for 15 minutes. Most weekends my brothers and I took my mother out for the day. The facility looks nice, its clean. The rooms albeit small with nice furniture you provide can look quite nice (my mothers room was one they used when "selling" the facility b/c it presented so well). As for food I did not expect much and it was a major complaint of most residents. My mother was a classic Italian mother who cooked every day and very well, she was surprisingly accepting of the food as her expectations were not high. Most of the woman women were bitter and unfriendly and the staff did little to help them along in a transition that no one wants to make. Assisted living is not living it can have a façade to the caregiver of being a nice place but the residents generally do not want to be there. I choose Rosehill b/c it looked acceptable and it was very close to my home but I needed more medical care and I told them this but it fell by the wayside. The morning "pill" routine was so confusing I am sure my mom was not properly medicated. Money was not an issue fortunately I would have hired my own aid to ensure better care. I was very sad with what transpired here.

Posted by GoodFoodHere July 27, 2013

Manor Care is close to where we live and it would only take me about five minutes to get there from home thus the main reason why I chose this facility for my husband. The place is clean and everybody seemed to enjoy working there. His room is always clean and if he needs anything they were always there to clean it up. The staff cleans his room a couple times per day. The staff are very nice and are always there if he needed anything. They were always running in and seeing if everything was alright. If he pushes his button, they were there within a couple of minutes. They didn't let him wait. I love the food. It was very good. They had activities like sing along. They also had special people come in and do games with them and sing. They are really accommodating and my husband is well taken care of.

Posted by Caring709 July 25, 2013

Rose Hill is the closest facility to my house, but it's expensive. It's about $4,000 a month. The place is gorgeous and beautiful. It is very clean and has no smell at all. The people are very nice. We went into one or two rooms and it is very large and spacious. They also have a community room. The place is absolutely gorgeous but it's very, very expensive.

Posted by bokononisidore May 08, 2013
1.0

I called to inquire about their rates, and Sal, the lady I spoke with, was very rude and said that she did not have time for that. I called back later and she spent two minutes telling me that she didn't have time, when it would have taken less than two minutes to tell me her rates. She actually hung up on me before I could ask her when a good time to call back would be.

Posted by Jessie1 October 19, 2011

My experience with Rose Hill Assisted Living has always been pleasant. Twice a month we would bring our church's youth group to visit the residents and play bingo or participate in arts and crafts. The accommodations for our visits were always excellent - everything was very clean, the atmosphere was very cozy and comfortable and the staff was always very attentive to everyone's needs. The residents always seemed to be in good spirits and they seemed to have close friendships with many staff members. Our group was only one of the many groups that were invited regularly to spend time with the elderly and a big display board showed a packed scheduling of available events and activities every week. The general attitude there is certainly brighter and more up-beat than you would probably expect from a nursing home. Overall, Rose Hill genuinely cares about its residents and provides a beautiful, happy and fun home for people that are further along in their years.

Posted by 55n00p May 25, 2011
4.0

Friend or relative of resident

First off, Rose Hill Assisted Living was rated 4 stars simply because nothing in this world is perfect. However, Rose Hill comes first. When we first toured the place to see if it was suitable for my Aunt, we found to our surprise just how clean and tidy it was. Of course driving up to it looked as if it was just another average old age home from a Hollywood movie. The staff was friendly enough and very encouraging. During the tour they weren't overbearing. Some places like to hang over your shoulder and demand that you tell them what you think. After admitting my aunt, we would visit her a few times a month, the staff still seemed just as friendly and even helped her open up more. I would highly recommend Rose Hill and even not mind if my own children put me there when the time is right.

Location of Rose Hill Assisted Living