Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Cambridge House of Swansea

Posted by Lana1 October 24, 2013

Cambridge House is a new facility and it's very nice. The staff is top notch. For an assisted living place, they have a lot of nursing services available that most assisted living places do not like assisting with medications, dressing and showering which some of the assisted living places didn't offer. My mother is in between independent and nursing home. She needed something in the middle and this place really had all the services that she needed. Everyday of the week of the month there are special daily activities. They also have a lot of exercise programs for the residents which is nice.

Posted by Harpe July 06, 2012
2.0

The nursing staff of this facility was sub par. The food choices for diabetics in this facility are limited, if not non-existent. We ended up moving my mother to a new facility that has much better staff and meal choices.

Posted by J.L.C. May 25, 2012
4.0

I've visited with my grandmother several times at Cambridge House and I am pleased with the facility and the manner in which they help to take care of my grandmother. Her room is large and comfy with a living room, kitchenette, sleeping area and bathroom equipped with handicap guard rails and a sit down shower, so the chances of her ever falling in the bathroom are highly unlikely. The nursing staff at the facility makes their rounds throughout the day to make sure the residents who are on extensive medications are taking said treatments on time and consistently as they are supposed to. Sometimes my grandmother can forget things like taking her pills on time so this is something the staff does which comforts me. I know she will always have her medicine. The facility provides three meals daily in the cafeteria and the facility always seems to be alive with action. They have several recreational areas located in the facility as well as a gym, salon and several rec rooms with puzzles, musical instruments and big screen televisions so that residents don't feel like they have to stay cooped up in their rooms. Daily shuttles are offered to take residents on any errands or appointments they may have as well and there are also planned events away from the facility the residents participate in regularly. The facility also offers family oriented events during the holidays where families of residents can attend and celebrate with their loved ones. There is a nightly curfew at 8 p.m., anyone who is away must check in to let the staff know they are not going to be present at meals and this way they can also just be sure that all residents are accounted for. The residents are adults and are very much treated as such, allowed to come and go as they please and even keep their own vehicles on the property. It's extremely comforting to know that if my grandmother should not show up, someone will alert us and we will always know that she is safe and sound. I am extremely happy with the care that my grandmother has received at Cambridge house. She's also found a sense of community there as she has many friends in other residents. I would recommend this establishment to anyone who might be considering an assisted living facility for loved ones or one's self.

Posted by ttam May 01, 2012
4.0

Cambridge House seems to be a well-kept facility. They offer transportation for their residence when needed. They plan activities, give choices to their residents, provide meal options. They are there to help while allowing independent living to those who reside in their facility. People who live there are given a choice of having their laundry done or doing it themselves. There are services available such as hair care, nail care, and minor podiatry services. They have aids to assist with minor needs and ensure that medications are being taken as provided. They evaluate to ensure that if their facility no longer meets a resident's need, they will be recommended to proper type of living condition. Though they provide meals for people who live there, they do not provide specific dietary needs such as gluten free, sugar free, or sodium free diets. The activity directors do a wonderful job of planning things such as entertainment, travel to other facility for bingo and other meets, and group trips to shopping and entertainment.I know my mom is very happy here.

Location of Cambridge House of Swansea